2nd Trimester

Will DH ever grow up? (slight vent)

Just wondering if they ever do.  Does anyone else's husbands go out on a regular basis, get really drunk and say well I have to get it all in before the baby comes? Seriously??? grow up! I'm getting really sick of it.

Re: Will DH ever grow up? (slight vent)

• no but Right Hug to you and I'm sorry you are having to deal with that.
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• No, but I've been encouraging DH to get all of his little "man trips" to visit out of town friends out of the way now because it definitely won't be ok for him to just ditch me for a weekend every now and then when the baby comes. Fortunately, the number of those trips have decreased in recent years anyway b/c all of his friends are finally starting to settle down and get married.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh I hate that. The behaviour is disgusting to me too... my DH has been partying a LOT more than he normally does ever since we got back from our Honeymoon back in July. Its like EVERY weekend now. :( It makes it so I don't even want to be around him. I always tell him to sleep at his friends' houses when he goes out to "get drunk"... but he always comes home and bugs me and wakes me up... in turn making me more mad. I always get over it, but its still obnoxious.
    Mr. & Mrs. O: Est. 6/27/2009, Jacob Ryan 3/3/2010, Owen Matthew 8/14/2012!
    :::In My Life, I've Loved You More:::
    CHARTS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageS2BMrsO:
    Ugh I hate that. The behaviour is disgusting to me too... my DH has been partying a LOT more than he normally does ever since we got back from our Honeymoon back in July. Its like EVERY weekend now. :( It makes it so I don't even want to be around him. I always tell him to sleep at his friends' houses when he goes out to "get drunk"... but he always comes home and bugs me and wakes me up... in turn making me more mad. I always get over it, but its still obnoxious.

Haha I know what you mean! After we went out for a friends bday party a few weeks ago where he got so drunk I couldn't stand him, I told him next time I am either not going and he can stay over someones house b/c I couldn't deal with him at home! He was so annoying and all I wanted to do was sleep!  He was supposed to go to a friends house for a football draft on Sunday but decided to be conferenced in instead, and I think he expects me to pat him on the back for not going and staying home with me the whole holiday weekend.  Really?!? And we have bachelor and bachelorette parties coming up, I am not going out for the bachelorette party, so I asked him if he was going to stay home with me (both are the same night) and he said no, I am going out for that.  UGH...

• Actually Im in a similar boat as you. Im not married to my significant other but this will be his fourth child. His first child was taken by the mother and moved states away so he's never even seen his son. His other two daughters he doesnt get to see because his ex wife wont let him. This will be his first that he actually gets to be a part of her life, but he constantly goes out drinking and its growing old. I dont know what needs to be done in order for men to grow up. Maybe once the baby is born things will change but until then I have no idea. Sorry I couldnt be of much help, just know that you're not alone.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is no excuse for it if he knows how you feel, but this may be his way of dealing with being scared or something. I know several soon to be dads for the first time who when out a lot when their wives were pregnant.  Then all of a sudden during the last couple months of pregnancy, they changed.  I don't think this is uncommon, especially for the social type of guy.  
  • no, but my husband's good friend did that. sorry you have to deal with that immaturity.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Yeah he knows how I feel and he just gets mad at me
  • I hope things get better for you.... :)

I know how you are feeling exactly.. My bf is gone a lot too almost every single night after work he say's he has to go somewhere. We are also going through of a lot of differences and he seems like he is getting scared or whatever you may call it with #3 baby on the way. But it could be something else that is making him feel this way too, I am stumped on how or what I should feel or do....

• Mine never goes anywhere, but it doesn't stop him from being immature and annoying the hell out of me. He sits around and plays Xbox all day and night. Sometimes he stays up until 2 or 3am playing. During the week, on occassion, he won't even have dinner with us because he's "in the middle of a game" UGH!!! So irritating!! And you girls that say he will actually stay at a friends if you told him to, I can only wish. Mine says it's his house and he doesn't have to leave and if I don't want to be around, I can leave. So, my answer to your question would be no. I do not beleive they ever grow up.Sad

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"