3rd Trimester
Options

Failure at birth?

Ok, so this is lame and I am emo but I feel like everyone's intense amount of pressure for me to deliver my child is like too much. Every day with the phone calls and the ims and the messages...AHH!

Then when I tell them that no I am not contracting, not anymore dilated, no water, no show, yada yada yada they seem disappointed. My DH is the worst. He has no patience and actually gets po'd when I am not progressing. I know they are not feeling these emotions towards me or LO but I mean damn, give me a break, I am frustrated too. I am the one who has gained 77 pounds, can't roll over in bed, has Staypuf marshmallow ankles, and has done every (safe) natural induction method known to Google.

Didn't know if this is the hormones or valid. Anyone else feeling this way?

I think next time I am just going to lie about the EDD...sick.

Re: Failure at birth?

• Options
    That would definately drive me crazy as well. I think when everyone is constantly at you it probably makes going past your due date even more annoying and depressing. I would just stop answering their calls and ims maybe they will get the hint.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

You are not a failure! Tell people you will let them know when you know!

LO will come when he/she is ready. Soon, you will have a wonderful baby to hold and love. GL! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can absolutely relate. I was 9 days overdue and I was about the throw my cell phone across the room by the very end. Its so annoying to keep getting texts and calls...like you wouldn't tell people when you give birth! Just keep reminding yourself its because they care. I know its hard and so frustrating. I totally learned my lesson and will never do that to anyone again.
  • Options
    I'm not even due until the 14th and I get daily phone calls from my mom and sis telling me "I" need to hurry up and have him! (B/c you know I can totally control it) They're the dumb asses that are going on vacation together this weekend! Ugh. Don't mean to take over your post by venting. I'm so frustrated though!Angry
  • Options
    I can relate.  I have no dilation, contrax, BH, and LO hasn't even dropped yet.  I feel like I'm broken.  What makes it worse is hearing about people due after me having their babies.  Just try to keep in mind that your baby is healthy and happy and be proud that you carried LO to term and that LO is fully cooked.  You are supposed to be pregnant for 40 weeks.  Not earlier.  Hang in there.
  • Options
    Just keep telling yourself that the average first pregnancy actually delivers at 41 weeks 1 day so you're still well within the normal range. You're not a failure!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesmurfetteinred:
    Just keep telling yourself that the average first pregnancy actually delivers at 41 weeks 1 day so you're still well within the normal range. You're not a failure!

41 weeks 1 day!?!? I'm going to go cry in a corner now Crying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"