1st Trimester

anyone been to the dermatologist?

my skin is out of control BAD right now. i am not sure if there is anything they can even give you while your pregnant but i figure it wouldn't hurt to ask? anyone been given anything that actually seemed to work? thanks
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: anyone been to the dermatologist?

• I haven't been to a dermatologist, but my OB said she could prescribe something for my acne. It is worse than I have ever had before. I knew it had to be bad if she mentioned something about it before I even asked.
  • imageDanie.T:
    I haven't been to a dermatologist, but my OB said she could prescribe something for my acne. It is worse than I have ever had before. I knew it had to be bad if she mentioned something about it before I even asked.

Yeah with DD my skin actually got better! this time it's so bad!i have never had grat skin to begin with but my skin hasn't looked this bad since i was in high school...gah!!! i'll have to ask my Dr. at my next appt.

what did she prescribe? does it seem to be working? 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi... Prior to getting the positive test, I was under regular treatment from my dermatologist for lovely blemishes I started getting as an adult.  After I learned I was pregnant, I had to discontinue those medications, but he did prescribe something to use at night that is safe for pregnant patients to use in T1 called Finacea.  He said he would prescribe something for days for T2 and T3. I still use my regular prescription face wash (Glytone).

What has really helped me most right now though are those Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets.  I used those several times a day to control the oil slick that is my face.

Good luck!

• imagehwjones521:

What has really helped me most right now though are those Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets.  I used those several times a day to control the oil slick that is my face.

i use those all the time and i love them! thanks 

• I was about to ttc the last time i visited the dr, and had gone off all acne meds.  She gave me finacea and said to make sure that's all I took (prescription-wise) once I am ttc or pg.  It wasn't really helping so I got proactiv which has helped in the past, I know isn't super-recommended right now, but I look like something is iseriously wrong with me and school is starting back up.  I don't think it's working.  I'm giving it another week and going back to ocm and finacea.
  • wildflower i am using proactiv right now and it doesn't seem to be doing any good! i might give it a few more weeks to see if the hormones subside a little but then i might try that. thanks. 
  • I was told in my last pregnancy NOT to use proactiv per my OB fyi...

I haven't had issues yet in this pregnancy, but with DD my OB prescribed an erythromyicin (sp??) ointment that worked wonders- I had it bad and back-ne horrible. Once I got a little into 2nd tri my skin cleared up and was fabulous the rest of the pg. However, after I had DD my skin freaked out again in the first few weeks pp with the hormones all over the place again. 

• I went to mine before BFP but told him we were TTC, so he gave me the above mentioned e-mycin ointment to use, it's ok.
  • I was also prescribed Finacea gel 15% after I told the doc I was TTC.  The doc said it would take longer to work b/c it's not as potent as, say, Retin-A.  Also, the directions on the tube say to apply it twice a day, but my prescription advises once a day, so that's what I do, which may be another reason it's taking longer to kick in. GL, it sucks to look like a teen. But I have a double whammy bcuz I have braces too!  I'm not kidding...
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"