Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how do i clean car seat straps that wont come out?

They have poop all over them! help!

Re: how do i clean car seat straps that wont come out?

• Options
    LOL! How did that happen?? I would use wet wipes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You may just have to take the seat out of the car and remove the straps to wash them. It's probably a huge pain in the butt, but better than having poopy straps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A hose??? Sorry, that's the best I could come up with...LOL.
  • Options

I would scrub them down with antibacterial soap and a wet towel. After that dries, I would spray a lysol.

Yuck, so sorry to hear that happened!!

Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Options

imagesangreal:
    You may just have to take the seat out of the car and remove the straps to wash them. It's probably a huge pain in the butt, but better than having poopy straps.

the straps dont detach from the seat. 

• Options

imagekatypresson:
    LOL! How did that happen?? I would use wet wipes

when he has a poop explosion... it is really an explosion!!! 

• Options
    imagejen_and_scott:

I would scrub them down with antibacterial soap and a wet towel. After that dries, I would spray a lysol.

Yuck, so sorry to hear that happened!!

thank you!

• Options
    You shouldn't submerge the straps, which is why often they aren't re-moveable. Our owner's manual says to surface clean only, but sometimes that just doesn't cut it with babies. Someone was joking about the hose, but really there are times when it is the best option.  DD was prone to carsickness and once she started solids it was no laughing matter and horrible to clean so  we took to hosing the seat and straps down and washing the cover. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"