1st Trimester

Michelle Duggar pregnant with number 19

Re: Michelle Duggar pregnant with number 19

• imagehomebird:

I just want to apologize if I seem to be overly emotional about this subject (Because, well, I am). I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Eh, you may have offended the Duggars. But don't worry, I don't think they're reading this.

It's okay to feel passionately about something and defend your point. If you don't take it to the point of insult, you shouldn't apologize for your passion.

• imageLucky013:

Sorry, I think having more kids is selfish because of the damage she is doing to her body. It is NOT HEALTHY for a woman to give birth that many times. She is at great risk of uterine prolapse as well as other things. What if something happens to her and all those kids are left without a mother?

Further, I am pretty sure at this point that they are doing it for shock value and publicity.

I also don't think it's fair to assign the kids to each other to take care of. Your kids didn't make the decision to birth a small village. They deserve freedom too. JMO.

If she and her doctor have discussed her health and she is aware of any risks, and her doctor believes she is healthy and fine, then the medical issue has no bearin here.

I doubt that they are doing this for "shock value" since it's a RELIGIOUS BELIEF that they hold to.

As far as assiging older kids to younger kids, I can understand your argument there, but the fact is that all of the kids have publicly said that they love their family the way that it is and that they enjoy having a big family....so again, no leg to stand on there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEmmybean:

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks "bringing life into this world" is unselfish needs a wakeup call.

We all need to come to terms with the fact that choosing to have kids is a selfish act. Since none of us NEED to procreate, the reasons for doing so are self-centered. I know that's hard to hear but it's the truth. There is nothing wrong with it, but lets not kid ourselves that we are doing something self-less. 

**Standing ovation**

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • imageEmmybean:

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks "bringing life into this world" is unselfish needs a wakeup call.

We all need to come to terms with the fact that choosing to have kids is a selfish act. Since none of us NEED to procreate, the reasons for doing so are self-centered. I know that's hard to hear but it's the truth. There is nothing wrong with it, but lets not kid ourselves that we are doing something self-less. 

News for you: If no one procreated NO ONE WOULD BE HERE! Including you. Yes we do need to procreate and how often/much we choose to do that is our choice.

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• imageTXTwisterBabe:
    imageJessys_Girl:

Um, wait, WHAT?

What makes YOUR genes so special that we need YOUR offspring populating our planet?  (and that's a GENERAL "your", as in, ALL of us who are having babies).

And how are they being selfish?  They are providing for themselves and not asking anyone for anything.  If they're selfish for that then we're all selfish for eating, clothing, bathing, sheltering our own families.

Obviously our genes already populate this planet, but not in the form of almost 20 offspring.   MOST people on this board will agree that they plan to only have 2-3 children, because that makes sense today.  It's just realistic and practical. 

Can you guys honestly see past the original family, the 19 children, to how many children they will have and so on?  That's where the selfishness comes into play.  Who said anything about asking anyone for anything? I know I didn't.  They are selfish in the thought that they should reproduce as long and as many times as they can.  Like it's their duty to spread their genes that many times.  It just doesn't make sense, today.  A hundred years ago, yeah.

But that's my point, what makes that selfish?  Why is it selfish to want to have a large, loving family if they can?  They aren't preventing anyone else from doing the same.

• imageEmmybean:

Your "wakeup call" is lost on me.

What I really meant is that it would be a lot easier for me NOT to have children - children require sacrifices. Without one, I could continue to work full time, have a nice lifestyle, go to Hawaii for Christmas, drink martinis all summer, and keep my nice figure. I am having children because I believe it is the right thing to do, and it is a good thing to do, and children are a blessing (and of course, I do want to be a experience being a mother). The selfish thing is NOT to have them, and to live an indulgent lifestyle. And I don't expect everyone to agree with me because I know many people are buying into the whole "the world is overpopulated and additional people are a scourge on the planet" fallacy.

• imagecola.crockett:
    imageEmmybean:

News for you: If no one procreated NO ONE WOULD BE HERE! Including you. Yes we do need to procreate and how often/much we choose to do that is our choice.

We sure as hell don't NEED to procreate. We choose to. Just like every other mammal. There is nothing wrong with choosing to have a baby (or babies) but it's not a need. The earth did just fine before we came along, and it would do just fine without us if we all chose to stop having kids.

So it goes.
  • imageEmmybean:

Um...if we DIDN'T procreate our population/world would die out and our earth would be barren...

• imageEmmybean:
    imagecola.crockett:
    imageEmmybean:

We sure as hell don't NEED to procreate. We choose to. Just like every other mammal. There is nothing wrong with choosing to have a baby (or babies) but it's not a need. The earth did just fine before we came along, and it would do just fine without us if we all chose to stop having kids.

Thanks for that enlightening lesson, teacher.

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• imageJessys_Girl:
    imageEmmybean:

Um...if we DIDN'T procreate our population/world would die out and our earth would be barren...

Barren? So we humans are responsible for keeping every form of life afloat? Good to know.

So it goes.
  • imageEmmybean:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageEmmybean:

Barren? So we humans are responsible for keeping every form of life afloat? Good to know.

There is a reason that all life forms exist on earth. There is also a reason we have been made with reproductive organs. OBVIOUSLY we were made to create new life otherwise we wouldn't have been given the proper tools to do so.

• Have you ever watched the History Channel special called "Life After Humans"?  It explains exactly what would happen if human beings ceased to exist on this planet and it's not good news.  We have built nuclear reactors, power plants, water treatment facilities, cars, buildings, etc, on and on.  All things that would eventually rot, decay, pollute and harm the earth if we were not here to take care of the problem.

Honestly.  How did this go from a discussion about the Duggar's having another baby to a discussion about why it's okay to procreate?

• imagePammyG08:
    imageEmmybean:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageEmmybean:

There is a reason that all life forms exist on earth. There is also a reason we have been made with reproductive organs. OBVIOUSLY we were made to create new life otherwise we wouldn't have been given the proper tools to do so.

Are you serious? We did not come first, no matter what you believe, and it is not us that created/sustain all other life forms. If we did, why would life exist in areas we don't populate?

And just because we have the tools to do something means we are obligated to do it. I have the tools to run a marathon, but I don't have to. 

So it goes.
  • imageEmmybean:
    imagePammyG08:
    imageEmmybean:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageEmmybean:

Are you serious? We did not come first, no matter what you believe, and it is not us that created/sustain all other life forms. If we did, why would life exist in areas we don't populate?

And just because we have the tools to do something means we are obligated to do it. I have the tools to run a marathon, but I don't have to. 

Im sorry did I mention that we came first? Because I dont really see anywhere in my statement that says that humans came first. Nor did I say that we created or sustainted all other life forms. I said there is a reason for all life forms to be here. ALL life forms not just humans.

• You have got to be kidding...I thought she was told the last time that it would be dangerous to carry another child.

I just don't get that family. I love pregnancy and I love having children, but I don't want my children raising each other. I want a personalized relationship with each of them...

• imageJessys_Girl:

Have you ever watched the History Channel special called "Life After Humans"?  It explains exactly what would happen if human beings ceased to exist on this planet and it's not good news.  We have built nuclear reactors, power plants, water treatment facilities, cars, buildings, etc, on and on.  All things that would eventually rot, decay, pollute and harm the earth if we were not here to take care of the problem.

Honestly.  How did this go from a discussion about the Duggar's having another baby to a discussion about why it's okay to procreate?

And if you had read the book that the show was (very loosely) based on, you would know that even with all the crap we've done to  screw things up, if we were gone, life would go on without us, and the planet would eventually return itself to pre-human existence.

And FWIW, I never said it wasn't OK to procreate. I don't particularly care why people choose to have kids either... I just stated that having (or not having!) kids is a self driven CHOICE. Especially for us first worlders with our education and other luxories. We get to decide to have kids or not, and since any individuals choice in procreation means little to the "re population" of the earth none of us (as indivuduals) NEED to have kids, making it a self-centered decision.

I'm sorry that is so hard for some people to get a handle on, or admit or whatever, but it's the truth. Coming to terms with it rather than pulling the "well I'm selfless because I created life" line will serve you much better in the long run.

So it goes.
  • imagebjmyangel:
    imageBBHME:

We are having only one, for exactly the reason that we do not want to contribute to overpopulation.  (2 --> 1 = no population growth attributable to us).

You are a nutjob.  Who plans their family based on overpopulation???  Weirdo. 

I was passively enjoying this foodfight until I stumbled across this gem.  You, my dear, are fairly new here and must not realize that namecalling is uncool on these boards. 

• imageEmmybean:
    imageJessys_Girl:

Have you ever watched the History Channel special called "Life After Humans"?  It explains exactly what would happen if human beings ceased to exist on this planet and it's not good news.  We have built nuclear reactors, power plants, water treatment facilities, cars, buildings, etc, on and on.  All things that would eventually rot, decay, pollute and harm the earth if we were not here to take care of the problem.

And if you had read the book that the show was (very loosely) based on, you would know that even with all the crap we've done to  screw things up, if we were gone, life would go on without us, and the planet would eventually return itself to pre-human existence.

And FWIW, I never said it wasn't OK to procreate. I don't particularly care why people choose to have kids either... I just stated that having (or not having!) kids is a self driven CHOICE. Especially for us first worlders with our education and other luxories. We get to decide to have kids or not, and since any individuals choice in procreation means little to the "re population" of the earth none of us (as indivuduals) NEED to have kids, making it a self-centered decision.

I'm sorry that is so hard for some people to get a handle on, or admit or whatever, but it's the truth. Coming to terms with it rather than pulling the "well I'm selfless because I created life" line will serve you much better in the long run.

While child bearing is a choice, I would still consider it a selfless act. You are choosing to carry a child to term, to love that child no matter what, to raise that child the best that you can. Human life is precious. And any time a person chooses to bring that gift into the world, it is to be celebrated as something special. At the end it all, you are choosing to do something selfless and give of yourself to provide for a little life. This can even take many forms. I harold women who, when faced with a choice to terminate a pregnancy, choose instead to carry the baby to term. I harold women and men who not only bear children, but are willing to sacrifice in order to care for other's children - those that are unwanted and unloved by their birth parents.

Who cares if the rest of the natural world would survive with out us? We are here and we are blessed to bring life into the world. We are blessed to care for the lives of those around us. We have the opportunity to daily live out our lives in selfless acts of kindness, whether it be toward our own children, the orphans and neglected children, or our neighbors.

That is the gift of being part of the educated, first world. 

• Why on earth are we talking about how the planet would get along with or with out us? Last I heard this was a pregnancy board so the idea that people are going to stop procreating wasn't an issue. And my personal belief (yes mine not one you have to agree with) is that God gave us the ability to think and create. So what did we do? We created birth control.
  • I really don't care how many kids these people have. They monetarily support them (and pretty well it seems...), so it's none of my business. I can't help but feel sorry for the older children in the family, though, and all the responsibility that is heaped upon them. And I'm not talking about chores and such, my own kids will definitely be responsible for helping around the house. I'm talking about being assigned to their younger siblings and being responsible for literally taking care of them. Taking care of children, IMO, is the job of the parent or a paid babysitter/teacher/professional/hired nanny/etc. Not an older sibling on such a regular basis.
  • imagebjmyangel:
    imageBBHME:

That's sweet of you, thanks.  I'm also the kind of person who recycles, composts, gardens and drives a fuel efficient car.  The horror! 

Come on, this is about a family being blessed with a baby.  It's not about the ozone layer or carbon footprints for heaven sake!  Can't you just be happy for them?  While their beliefs are not your beliefs, they have the right to procreate as they choose.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DUGGAR FAMILY!!! 

Bravo to your for the most ignorant post in four pages. Wow. 

No of course having 20 children has no environmental impact at all. No really we should all just procreate until we overtake the planet and our entire planet collapses from the strain. Right. Having children has NOTHING to do with the environment right? Do you think before you type? Wow. You are the definition of shortsighted.

DH and I will probably only have 1 POSSIBLY two children because one of the factors in that decision is definitely the impact to the environment. Since we believe that we should be good stewards of the environment we certainly consider that factor in daily and life changing decisions. Just as we hope our child/children will do.  I have more opinions on the matter as a whole but its been said so I wont bother.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Who cares if the rest of the natural world would survive with out us? We are here and we are blessed to bring life into the world. We are blessed to care for the lives of those around us. We have the opportunity to daily live out our lives in selfless acts of kindness, whether it be toward our own children, the orphans and neglected children, or our neighbors.

That is the gift of being part of the educated, first world.

Um holy elitist batman! Indifferent

Yeah right who cares about the rest of the natural world because I want to have a child! Its not like the natural world matters to us or anything. We are humans so we supercede everything else right?  Its not like it will effect us that the natural world is on the verge of collapse. Pshaw.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with you Sizzle.
  • I think that she needs to stop trying to get all this attention. Her poor son cant even have his first child in peace without her having another one. Gimme a break. Thats selfish if u ask me.
  • Hey cool. Were due the same day.
  • I absolutely positively agree with you. No human being can possibly give attention to that many kids. Its impossible and they are selfish to me. I mean what she wants to be 75 yrs old and have babies still? yuck
  • LMAO!!! LMAO!!! LMAO!!! U R TO FUNNY...U MADE MY DAY.
  • I love watching this show and I was absolutely thrilled when I heard about the 19 child on the way. This family is such a great role model. They are all so humble and all the children are so well behaved. You can tell they are very respectful and loving, and they also enjoy spending time with their families and helping with the little ones. The time will come for them to marry and move on the way Josh and Anna did. BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!
  • WOw!! this thread is so serious!! lol I come from an Irish Catholic family and we are full of breeders..hehe {this will be my first} Why feel sorry for these kids when they seem so well rounded? I've seen thier show on TLC quite a few times and the family seems to be doing just fine in coping with thier situation..One of thier oldest sons is also having a baby soon with his wife, so not only will they be having thier 19th kid, but will become grandparents too! So you might say they are double blessed!  I think its silly to judge someone based on your own beliefs, yes you might think its odd having so many children but for the Duggars its just a way of life! I come from a big family like I said before,My mother only had 3 of us and her sisters and brothers joked she was an underachiever! most of them had 4-6..My father is the middle child of 9! Back in the day plenty of families had more than the "normal" amount! who cares? as long as you can provide for them, love them..who really cares? The Duggar kids seem well taken care, well loved and well behaved! I am all for it, hey if that lady has the courage to put her body through that as many times as she has then go for it! A baby is a blessing from God, why lose sight of that? a gift!! and Mrs. Duggar has clearly been blessed by GoD..more than once!=} On a lighter note if this was Angelina and Brad would it be a big deal? I mean they are well on thier way anyways!! haha!! Anyways God Bless all of you and your babies! I don't want 19 but I dang sure I'm as blessed as she is!!
  • I for one believe that children are gifts from god. There is nothing wrong with having 19 children, if you can handle it. I have immense respect for the duggars because they have so many children but some how keep everything in check. I personally could not do 19 children but if they can handle it then all the power to them. There was a comment earlier on about the children not being able to enjoy their childhoods and I say that it depends on your definition of enjoying. I don't hear any of them complaining and they seem like a loving family to me. They care for one another and each do their part. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • Everyone has their own opinion and they are entitled to it.  But let's remember why we are on here.  Our children, growing inside our bellies.  This is a time to be rejoicing not arguing with eachother over a family none of us even know.  I say to each his own.
  • I have never before heard someone refer to the Dugger kids as "well rounded."
  • imageecoseriu:
    I think its irresponsible to have that many children.  Their is NO way they can provide the love and attention that each child needs.  Instead they pawn them off to the older girls, who already do all the cooking and cleaning.  Yea, happy childhood, at least for the boys!! 

i agree with you 

• imageJessys_Girl:
    imageEmmybean:

yes, thats a HUGE problem right now. We are close to becoming a barren earth void of humans.

• Holy Sh*t, Batman! If she wants to have a million kids, let her have a million kids.  You haters arent the one's birthing them and she is not causing any physical or mental pain or damage to you so get over it.  it is not like her having that many kids is taking away from you being able to have them lol

some people make me laugh when they judge other people about things that only god should be judging people for.

BFP#1 - 10/09, DS born 6/17/10 BFP#2 - 09/12, EDD 6/6/13, MMC 10/31/12 @8w5d, D&C 11/30/12 Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
  • imagencr279:

Holy Sh*t, Batman! If she wants to have a million kids, let her have a million kids.  You haters arent the one's birthing them and she is not causing any physical or mental pain or damage to you so get over it.  it is not like her having that many kids is taking away from you being able to have them lol

some people make me laugh when they judge other people about things that only god should be judging people for.

a) not everyone believes in god, so thats fine you feel that way but not everyone feels that "god" is there to judge

b) I worry about the kids, not her.

• As long as all the Duggar kids grow up to be tax-paying, productive citizens, I have no complaints. It would be a bummer if my future kids have to pay to keep some of them up someday, because they will already be paying for children given no chance to succeed. I represent juvenile delinquents- some parents out there are incapable of caring for one or two, let alone nineteen. 

I do wonder, though, how I can get a TLC show without having a passel of kids. It would be nice to defray some of the costs involved with child rearing. In that way I don't feel sorry for any attention that the Duggars get; scrutiny is part of the package, and any time it's not worth it, they can fade away. I wouldn't recognize her at Kroger.

• ::dodging all the mud slinging::

Do you think she would mind be a surragote for us??

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"