1st Trimester
Options

Preggo = Pre-boarding for Flights!

I learned this weekend that Southwest lets you pre-board if you're pregnant.  This means no more wondering if there's room for your carry on or struggling with the crowds!

All you have to do is go to the counter at the gate and tell them you're pregnant and would like to pre-board.  It's that easy!  You also get to have one person pre-board with you.

I don't know if all airlines do this, but thought I'd give you ladies a heads up!

Re: Preggo = Pre-boarding for Flights!

• Options
    That is awesome! W're flying Southwest over Turkey day, and I'll be around 20 weeks! Praise Buddha, thanks for the tip!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLeah&Jack:
    I tried to do this once, but I wasn't showing enough so they asked me if it was really necessary. I think I was like 25 weeks, so I did have a belly. Oh well.

This. OP, you're totally jumping the gun. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestever:

imageLeah&Jack:
    I tried to do this once, but I wasn't showing enough so they asked me if it was really necessary. I think I was like 25 weeks, so I did have a belly. Oh well.

This. OP, you're totally jumping the gun. 

Agreed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Really? That seems unnecessary. Even with a big belly at almost 30 weeks, boarding with the rest of the commoners wasn't bad at all. 

• Options

Seems  a bit much...to each their own I guess. Not sure the point of preboarding. KU, not handicapped or elderly.

I fly all the time, I'd likely have to show up with the pee stick at this point.

Are you parking in the KU/family spots at the mall too?

• Options
    Why did you need to pre-board?  I'm kinda confused....
  • Options
    I love the "expectant mother" parking that they have places. Its like really? Are you that pregnant that you cant walk the extra ten feet? If you are that pregnant then why are you shopping?? (Unless you have some kind of medical problem) It doesnt bother me to use the "perks" of pregnancy, but if I can handle not using them I dont. For example standing on a bus for a long drive, then yea take the seat thats offered!
  • Options
    I see no reason to pre-board due to pregnancy.
  • Options
    My husband has one leg and even he doesn't board early. Hopefully I'll be just fine.
  • Options
    Note from the OP: I was traveling with friends with an 18-month-old and one on the way and the mom told me about it.  We wanted to sit with them and they were pre-boarding so it made sense to do it. I just wanted to give you gals a heads up in case you'd find in necessary or helpful.  No need for snide remarks.
  • Options
    I'm anal about checking in so I'm always in the A group anyway.
  • Options

imageBinksMomma3016:
    I love the "expectant mother" parking that they have places. Its like really? Are you that pregnant that you cant walk the extra ten feet? If you are that pregnant then why are you shopping?? (Unless you have some kind of medical problem) It doesnt bother me to use the "perks" of pregnancy, but if I can handle not using them I dont. For example standing on a bus for a long drive, then yea take the seat thats offered!

ya I saw someone on 2nd tri say they were always EXPECTING to be a mother so they have used it almost all of their adult life. I mean REALLY!? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageanabell0920:

ya I saw someone on 2nd tri say they were always EXPECTING to be a mother so they have used it almost all of their adult life. I mean REALLY!? 

Really? That's too much. Dumbass, whoever that is.

• Options
    imageanabell0920:

imageBinksMomma3016:

wow. Thats just flat out wrong. And lazy.

• Options
    I want a close to the bathroom seat for my flight in October. I have been getting motion sickness even in the car. Sounds like a good idea to me
    A small start at 2lb 9oz, 60 day NICU stay, and 6 months of O2 My 30 weeker is growing up! <a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/bippy798/?action=view
  • Options
    FYI: on southwest, when you preboard, you board between A and B groups. So if you just check in at the right time, you will board before you preboard and get a better seat.
  • Options
    imageanabell0920:

imageBinksMomma3016:

I think that is THE dumbest thing I have ever heard. When I was 41 weeks pregnant I had to park waaaay in the back of the parking lot, because all the expecting mom spots were taken. As I was waddling past them, I saw a teenage boy get out of his car that was parked in one of the spots. Seriously, dude?! He saw me and quickly looked away and kinda walk/jogged away.

Not that I NEEDED the spot, I was going to the mall to walk around in hopes of starting labor, but it just ticks me off when I see people doing that. So lame.

• Options

imageBinksMomma3016:

I live in Arizona.  It's over 100 degrees here on a regular basis.  Gets up to 120 or more too!  If I was pregnant enough to be showing, believe me I would use one of the expectant mom parking spots!  People here do anything and everything they can to avoid the scorching heat.  Living here it makes perfect sense to use the parking spots. 

• Options
    We went to babies R us the other day, and they have 2 expectant mom spots. But me and my husband both agreed that it would be very rude to park there at 5 weeks, when someone could be in there last trimester and really needed the spot.
  • Options

I didn't realize there was so much negativity on these boards and I am ashamed of myself for contributing to it right now.

If you don't want to preboard, don't. You don't have to be rude because someone else wants to.

And why do you have problem with expectant parking? I sure liked it when I was 39 weeks pregnant and rolling out a cart load of groceries!

If you don't have anything nice to say, move on! (I am fine with being a hypocrite for this moment.) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"