New Jersey Babies

NJ Blue Cross Blue Shield & breast pump coverage

If you have this insurance I heard that they cover the breast pump. I haven't called yet but one of my friends told me this that they reimbersed her 350. I am not sure if there are restrictions? I am having twins and she did as well as she thought maybe they had to be premature to get this? Anyone heard anything like this? If so, that would be great since they are so expensive!!

Re: NJ Blue Cross Blue Shield & breast pump coverage

• coverage varies according to what your policy covers. Call to make sure. Each policy is different based on what the employer chooses.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageGenRN45:
    coverage varies according to what your policy covers. Call to make sure. Each policy is different based on what the employer chooses.

This. I have BCBS and they pay nada. However there is a program called Precious Additions that you may qualify for b/c it's open to all BCBS members with specific plans (POS, Plus, etc.). Anyway, it includes one visit with a Lactation Consultant at your home, 2 visits with a RN at home to check up on you and LO and one visit with a home health care worker to help you cook/clean.  NO JOKE! Check it out.

https://www.horizon-bcbsnj.com/group/hw/resources_managed/precious.html

• Loading the player...
  • imageJungleJulia:

imageGenRN45:
    coverage varies according to what your policy covers. Call to make sure. Each policy is different based on what the employer chooses.

This. I have BCBS and they pay nada. However there is a program called Precious Additions that you may qualify for b/c it's open to all BCBS members with specific plans (POS, Plus, etc.). Anyway, it includes one visit with a Lactation Consultant at your home, 2 visits with a RN at home to check up on you and LO and one visit with a home health care worker to help you cook/clean.  NO JOKE! Check it out.

https://www.horizon-bcbsnj.com/group/hw/resources_managed/precious.html

I'm in this program and the materials that I received state that you only get those home services if you leave the hospital pretty quickly after birth (I think it was if you are discharged before 48/96 hours depending how you deliver).  It's not all it's cracked up to be.

It does include a $100 (or $50, I forget right now) reimbursement for a childbirth class.  Otherwise, all I'm getting from this program is a pregnancy journal like one I had already bought.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"