Re: I thought this was supposed to be a supportive board

• bb80bb80 member
    Everyone just needs to just STFU and get over themselves, honestly
  • imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:

Here you go aubie darling.

From our resident nailpolish expert.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/21535694.aspx

Truth hurts! Again, facts are what should be brought to this board and let the people decide what they want to do with them. Facts are way more helpful than sarcasm to what you may think is trivial!

Tell me darling, what truth hurts? If you are going to engage in a battle of wits, at least show up armed. lol.

• Loading the player...
  • imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:

I really can't believe the attitudes of some people on this board. Some people act like they own this board and THINK that the snarkiness is funny. If people have questions they should be answered honestly. If some people think that some questions ar trivial (such as is nail polish safe) then they should not open or respond to posts.

I guess that the maturity level on this board is not what I expect from soon to be moms (or already moms) who really should be helpful/thankful/grateful to one another instead of snarky. It really isn't an appealing trait to have and it does make me sad for some of you. 

Awwwwwwwwwwww.....still steamed about your nail polish flaming?  And still sad for us all? You need a new theme babes. That one is getting old.

Wow CathyMD...way to do exactly what everyone says they're sick of.

• imageJARbaby:

imageCharlotteBelle:
    Guess people don't have anything better to do than be b*tches. The way this board has been the past few days, really makes me not care so much about being a part of it.

Day? Um...try years...

May I direct you to babygaga.com?

That's the website!  I was going to recommend it and then blanked on it's name.

• I don't post a lot, but I lurk a lot and in the past week or so, there has definitely been a change in the "tone" of the board.  I guess it's more interesting, like watching a soap opera.  It does get a little depressing reading about peoples (maybe overblown at times) worries over and over, when the exact same post is two pages down! 

That said, I am not a "snarky" person, and no that doesn't mean that I'm stupid or have no sense of humor.  Seeing how many people get mocked indirectly makes me scared to post my own fears or concerns because I don't want to get shut down by breaking one of the increasing number of unwritten rules determined by a few "outspoken" individuals.  Eh - whatever, that's the law of society - the loudest people usually herd the rest...There are lots of other boards out there if you really don't like it. :)

• imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:

Truth hurts! Again, facts are what should be brought to this board and let the people decide what they want to do with them. Facts are way more helpful than sarcasm to what you may think is trivial!

Tell me darling, what truth hurts? If you are going to engage in a battle of wits, at least show up armed. lol.

1st I am not your darling so don't call me it! You made fun of me in many ways last night because I posted facts about some harmful use of nailpolish. Which I was not the one to ask the question (someone else posted it) and I answered giving (FACTS). If you can't handle the facts that it is KNOWN to cause birth defects and fertility issues than lay off. People don't need to think certain things like this are trivial by you making fun of it. Let them hear the facts and decide for themselves. Can you please move on now? I am over trying to teach you!

• You are over trying to TEACH me? LMAO.

You pompous little thing you. lol.

• imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:

seriously?!!?!?  it was all in good fun and you'd know that if you'd just be a little more relaxed.

I can understand why you are more cautious (and I'm sorry about your miscarriages) but what works for one may not work for another.  Everyone has their own OB and will obviously listen to them and make their own decisions.

Our parents turned out fine and they didn't know HALF of what we know now.

LET.IT.GO

• imageCathyMD:

thanks girlfriend, I heart you.  I seriously need to come to Canada - heck maybe I should move there b/c of the healthcare!!!!

• Come to Canada anytime aubie!
  • imageCathyMD:
    Come to Canada anytime aubie!

well I DO like it on top and I've never been, and it would be MUCH better healthcare, hmmmmmmmmmmm

LOL

• CathyMD - I think you are disgusting.  I think your personal attacks and name-calling are disgusting.  You, personally, suck.

Please please please just go away.

• imageMadison789:

CathyMD - I think you are disgusting.  I think your personal attacks and name-calling are disgusting.  You, personally, suck.

Sigh. Oh little girl. Thanks for the advice though.

• imageCathyMD:
    imageMadison789:

CathyMD - I think you are disgusting.  I think your personal attacks and name-calling are disgusting.  You, personally, suck.

Sigh. Oh little girl. Thanks for the advice though.

Please please please don't ever leave. 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageecoseriu:

Weee-oooh, weee-oooh, weee-oooh!

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • I love how this is a public internet board, yet everyone clans together like little tribes of people and it ends up kind of being like HS cliques ( for EX " you weren't a part of GP I don't rememebr you!) Really?  I tend to ignore and not get involved with topics that look like a disaster waiting to happen, just not worth the energy ya know? BUT I have to admit, I get really frkin annoyed with women who panic over every little thing in pregnancy, what NOT to do, especially the what not to eats ( Not to point out this poster, i don't even know who it was was but avoiding bacon? taking things a little to far!!) Pregnancy is not a sickness or disease and it doens't make you THAT fragile. I jsut want to ask them if they have common sense, and if not to use google. You can go look that crap up as easily as we can tell you. OK, I'm done no
  • I love how this is a public internet board, yet everyone clans together like little tribes of people and it ends up kind of being like HS cliques ( for EX " you weren't a part of GP I don't rememebr you!) Really?  I tend to ignore and not get involved with topics that look like a disaster waiting to happen, just not worth the energy ya know? BUT I have to admit, I get really frkin annoyed with women who panic over every little thing in pregnancy, what NOT to do, especially the what not to eats ( Not to point out this poster, i don't even know who it was was but avoiding bacon? taking things a little to far!!) Pregnancy is not a sickness or disease and it doens't make you THAT fragile. I jsut want to ask them if they have common sense, and if not to use google. You can go look that crap up as easily as we can tell you. OK, I'm done now
  • oh, wait, you're being serious!  Hmm...imagine how boring this place would be if everyone just posted questions and honest advice.  I've seen some pretty serious questions on this board get answered right away with very helpful information.  Usually if it's a serious question, it will get a serious answer.  You don't see any of us being snarky toward women who think they are having a m/c, or a serious question like "my husband doesn't seem supportive, what should I do?"  I've never once seen that kind of rudeness here.  So what is the big deal if we have a little fun with the people either deliberately trying to start drama on the board, or those who could just scroll a little farther down to answer their question?

Oh, and I especially love the post about how since we're moms, or soon-to-be-moms, we shouldn't have a sense of humor.  Lighten up, ladies.  It's a freaking message board...work on those e-feelings.

• imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:

1st I am not your darling so don't call me it! You made fun of me in many ways last night because I posted facts about some harmful use of nailpolish. Which I was not the one to ask the question (someone else posted it) and I answered giving (FACTS). If you can't handle the facts that it is KNOWN to cause birth defects and fertility issues than lay off. People don't need to think certain things like this are trivial by you making fun of it. Let them hear the facts and decide for themselves. Can you please move on now? I am over trying to teach you!

serious question...how much nail polish, exactly, would you have to ingest for it to cause birth defects?  Is it like eating Equal or Sweet n Low?  You eat 100 packages a day for 30 years and yeah, one day you'll get cancer?  I'm actually curious about the statistics of this fact.

• I was the one who made the comment about bacon, and am SERIOUSLY insulted by your attack.  YOU, and many others on here, are the reason that I am started to be afraid to even post my fears on here.  My post did not say "I am avoiding bacon."  I said it was one of the foods I missed since becoming pg.  This is my first LO, and I am early along, so I am just trying to do the best I can for baby.  If you had read further down the post, I commented that I am currently struggling with depression/anxiety and am on antidepressants... so everything in my power to help my LO i am going to do.  Someone pointed out bacon had nitrates.... I'm so new at this that sure, I'm a little scared about everything right now.  But do I get support?  Sure, about 50% of the time.  The other 50% are people who either make jokes or insult.  It was simple and in no way deserves the attack you felt you must give me.  Read my post, please, everyone else, and you can see I'm writing with the sense that I'm sharing my feelings with a group of people who I thought I could relate to me. 

The fact that I'm a "newbie" should be a hint that maybe I need a little more support and kindness.  I've never been pregnant before.  This is all new to me.  Maybe a post or two of mine was already posted, but like I said, I'm NEW and maybe I didn't know the question was asked!  "Gold posters" and so on should use their experience to help others, not lord over them. 

Oh, and "sarcasm" and "humor"  are very hard to decipher on a message board, since no one can hear your tone of voice.  What may seem funny to you can really hurt someone.  Sarcasm is better if it's saved for face-to-face conversations.

**Edited to say that at first, I was going to come on here and annouce that today is my ticker change day to double digits! 10 weeks!  Oh but wait... I guess no one will care because it's one of THOSE posts that have been posted over and over again.  Shame on me for my silly excitement.

• imageTXTwisterBabe:

up, ladies.  It's a freaking message board...work on those e-feelings.

I think I love you...collect $200 and go straight to 6-12...

• Puppcake, go back and read what gypsywitch said about the bacon. "Not to point the poster out.."

So please do tell us - what part of that was an attack? She didn't say "Puppcake is an IDIOT for talking about bacon".She didn't even remember who had said it. Hardly an attack.

Seriously. Look at what you just wrote. I get you are new to this, most people on here are. But you need to get those e-feelings under control and not fly off the handle like that.

Learn to roll with it. You'll have a much better experience alll around. I promise. GL to you.

• imagegypsywitch:
    I love how this is a public internet board, yet everyone clans together like little tribes of people and it ends up kind of being like HS cliques ( for EX " you weren't a part of GP I don't rememebr you!) Really?  I tend to ignore and not get involved with topics that look like a disaster waiting to happen, just not worth the energy ya know? BUT I have to admit, I get really frkin annoyed with women who panic over every little thing in pregnancy, what NOT to do, especially the what not to eats ( Not to point out this poster, i don't even know who it was was but avoiding bacon? taking things a little to far!!) Pregnancy is not a sickness or disease and it doens't make you THAT fragile. I jsut want to ask them if they have common sense, and if not to use google. You can go look that crap up as easily as we can tell you. OK, I'm done now

-->

Re: I thought this was supposed to be a supportive board

-->

I was the one who made the comment about bacon, and am SERIOUSLY insulted by your attack.  YOU, and many others on here, are the reason that I am started to be afraid to even post my fears on here.  My post did not say "I am avoiding bacon."  I said it was one of the foods I missed since becoming pg.  This is my first LO, and I am early along, so I am just trying to do the best I can for baby.  If you had read further down the post, I commented that I am currently struggling with depression/anxiety and am on antidepressants... so everything in my power to help my LO i am going to do.  Someone pointed out bacon had nitrates.... I'm so new at this that sure, I'm a little scared about everything right now.  But do I get support?  Sure, about 50% of the time.  The other 50% are people who either make jokes or insult.  It was simple and in no way deserves the attack you felt you must give me.  Read my post, please, everyone else, and you can see I'm writing with the sense that I'm sharing my feelings with a group of people who I thought I could relate to me. 

The fact that I'm a "newbie" should be a hint that maybe I need a little more support and kindness.  I've never been pregnant before.  This is all new to me.  Maybe a post or two of mine was already posted, but like I said, I'm NEW and maybe I didn't know the question was asked!  "Gold posters" and so on should use their experience to help others, not lord over them. 

Oh, and "sarcasm" and "humor"  are very hard to decipher on a message board, since no one can hear your tone of voice.  What may seem funny to you can really hurt someone.  Sarcasm is better if it's saved for face-to-face conversations.

**Edited to say that at first, I was going to come on here and annouce that today is my ticker change day to double digits! 10 weeks!  Oh but wait... I guess no one will care because it's one of THOSE posts that have been posted over and over again.  Shame on me for my silly excitement.

• imageCathyMD:

Puppcake, go back and read what gypsywitch said about the bacon. "Not to point the poster out.."

So please do tell us - what part of that was an attack? She didn't say "Puppcake is an IDIOT for talking about bacon".She didn't even remember who had said it. Hardly an attack.

Seriously. Look at what you just wrote. I get you are new to this, most people on here are. But you need to get those e-feelings under control and not fly off the handle like that.

Learn to roll with it. You'll have a much better experience alll around. I promise. GL to you.

I don't care if she tried to cover her a$$ like that because I know it was me, it's obvious.  And I was insulted and I'm going to tell it.  Yay for defending her for "calling out" a newbie (who is suffering from depression and anxiety.)  That's a reeeaaall big help.

• imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

Puppcake, go back and read what gypsywitch said about the bacon. "Not to point the poster out.."

I don't care if she tried to cover her a$$ like that because I know it was me, it's obvious.  And I was insulted and I'm going to tell it.  Yay for defending her for "calling out" a newbie who is suffering from depression and anxiety.  That's a reeeaaall big help.

It might be obvious to you because you remember writing it, but 23420984 things get posted here every day and no one really remembers who says what.

I'm not defending her. I am simply giving you some advice about how to have a good time on a message board. And that starts wtih not freaking out, or taking things personally.

I think that you might find www.babygaga.com a better fit for you.   GL with your journey.

• imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I don't care if she tried to cover her a$$ like that because I know it was me, it's obvious.  And I was insulted and I'm going to tell it.  Yay for defending her for "calling out" a newbie (who is suffering from depression and anxiety.)  That's a reeeaaall big help.

I am puzzled. If a person has axiety and depression they get a pass. Man that means millions of people get a free pass.

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

TTC #2 since Sept '16
    My Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28017b
    TTC #1- 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP w/weight loss- 9/22/11 DD 5/12
    DX. Dec '09 w/ Inappropriate LH Secretion Syndrom/PCOS/ Anov 28 months
    (Former username: xxbblueangelxx)
  • imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I am puzzled. If a person has axiety and depression they get a pass. Man that means millions of people get a free pass.

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

Hey Angel! I pph you too. It's a jungle over here my friend. A jungle :)

• imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

Just another reason this board is unsupportive.  Thanx

• Have you even been to other boards? This board is all rainbows and butterflies compared to the other boards I'm on.
  • imageCathyMD:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

Hey Angel! I pph you too. It's a jungle over here my friend. A jungle :)

No kidding, I have been lurking.

TTC #2 since Sept '16
    TTC #1- 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP w/weight loss- 9/22/11 DD 5/12
  • imageHeidisean:
    imageCathyMD:
    imageHeidisean:

I really can't believe the attitudes of some people on this board. Some people act like they own this board and THINK that the snarkiness is funny. If people have questions they should be answered honestly. If some people think that some questions ar trivial (such as is nail polish safe) then they should not open or respond to posts.

I guess that the maturity level on this board is not what I expect from soon to be moms (or already moms) who really should be helpful/thankful/grateful to one another instead of snarky. It really isn't an appealing trait to have and it does make me sad for some of you. 

Awwwwwwwwwwww.....still steamed about your nail polish flaming?  And still sad for us all? You need a new theme babes. That one is getting old.

Sorry, but this post is also related to what happened last night! You really need to stop your attitude because it is not appealing at all and it is not helpful to people on this board. Again, if you don't like a post then don't open it or respond because sarcasm is not needed.

So then why did you not take your own advice and feel the need to post in our heartless and distasteful post's last night? I know you felt the need to tell us you were worried about our unborn children but really? really?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

You are welcome. Good luck with your "Free Pass".

TTC #2 since Sept '16
  • imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

Since we're being nit-picky, when did I ever say "Free Pass?"  Point it out to me, please.  Oh no wait, that was you, because you OBVIOUSLY know that what I am going through with dep/ax is a "good thing".  Hey, there's some of your beloved sarcasm for ya.

• imagepuppcake:

just my opinion, but if I were you I would stop continuously mentioning that you're suffering from depression/anxiety, because you are making it sound like a cop out card.  Just sayin.  Been there, it sucks, but using it to get sympathy is not the way to go, especially on a message board.  GL to you, I understand how paranoid you are with it being your first pregnancy, but it's going to be a looong, lonely, awful and no fun 9 month journey if you don't learn to laugh and lighten up. 

• imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

Since we're being nit-picky, when did I ever say "Free Pass?"  Point it out to me, please.  Oh no wait, that was you, because you OBVIOUSLY know that what I am going through with dep/ax is a "good thing".  Hey, there's some of your beloved sarcasm for ya.

lol amusing.

Yes, I said the Free Pass, thank you for pointing out the obvious. I never stated the dep/ax was a good thing. With you constantly pointing out you are a newbie, anxiety and depression issues, it was like you should have a "Free Pass" because of it. Millions of people pregnant, male or female deal with both. But they don't always throw it in people's face as if they should have a "Free Pass" to do as they please.

Thank you for your sarcasm, I dish it and take it.

TTC #2 since Sept '16
  • imageTXTwisterBabe:
    imagepuppcake:

just my opinion, but if I were you I would stop continuously mentioning that you're suffering from depression/anxiety, because you are making it sound like a cop out card.  Just sayin.  Been there, it sucks, but using it to get sympathy is not the way to go, especially on a message board.  GL to you, I understand how paranoid you are with it being your first pregnancy, but it's going to be a looong, lonely, awful and no fun 9 month journey if you don't learn to laugh and lighten up. 

Um, I mentioned it ONCE.  And had it thrown back in my face.  But thx tho.

• I'd rather my kid be a biitch than a dumbass.
  • imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

lol amusing.

Yes, I said the Free Pass, thank you for pointing out the obvious. I never stated the dep/ax was a good thing. With you constantly pointing out you are a newbie, anxiety and depression issues, it was like you should have a "Free Pass" because of it. Millions of people pregnant, male or female deal with both. But they don't always throw it in people's face as if they should have a "Free Pass" to do as they please.

I'd love to know how you define "constantly"  I mentioned my being a newbie in only my FIRST post.  I only mentioned depression/anxiety in my second and was going to leave it at that until someone else decided to further the attention on it.  Man, everything in here gets twisted.

• imageBlairWaldorf:
    I'd rather my kid be a biitch than a dumbass.

My child is therefore in great luck, because I have been accused of being a bittch and sucking.

Heavenly :) 

• imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagepuppcake:
    imageCathyMD:

I'm jealous.

I pph you Cathy.

lol amusing.

I'd love to know how you define "constantly"  I mentioned my being a newbie in only my FIRST post.  I only mentioned depression/anxiety in my second and was going to leave it at that until someone else decided to further the attention on it.  Man, everything in here gets twisted.

I like it when quotes get very, very skinny.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"