1st Trimester

Quakers Rice Cakes - Chocolate

I find these to be fabulous on days that I want to snack. One of the women that I told, said to me that I should not eat these because they have chocolate on them. First of all, its like a dusting of chocolate. Second of all, well I dont really have a second of all but I do believe its fine to have chocolate.

Re: Quakers Rice Cakes - Chocolate

• Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, especially when it comes to telling a pregnant woman what she can and can't do.  Eat your rice cakes and enjoy them! 
  • The only concern I've heard about chocolate is that it has some caffeine in it.  I think 1 ounce of milk chocolate has like, 9 mg of caffeine?  I could be wrong...but it's nothing to freak out about.
  • Right - I hear ya on the caffeine, but if you ever saw the rice cakes only some of the rice cake actually has a slight dusting of chocolate. Now, if it was coated in an inch of milk chocolately deliciousness, I could see where she was coming from (especially since I have more than a few of them at a time!).
  • Enjoy your rice cakes.

I'm even enjoying chocolate every now & then... moderation.

:) 

• image ABAMom:
    Right - I hear ya on the caffeine, but if you ever saw the rice cakes only some of the rice cake actually has a slight dusting of chocolate. Now, if it was coated in an inch of milk chocolately deliciousness, I could see where she was coming from (especially since I have more than a few of them at a time!).

Oh no I trust ya! haha I'm just saying, some people freak out over anything and everything.  I eat chocolate daily. :-)