1st Trimester

clicky poll: how many times have you had sex since your bfp???

You can post below to say why...[Poll]

Re: clicky poll: how many times have you had sex since your bfp???

• Just a couple of times.  My DR put me on pelvic rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Only a couple of times. ?My poor DH, I just feel like sh!t at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • To be honest...none.  I am so nervous, I want to hear the doctor say it is ok.  Also with being super tired and nauseous I don't really feel like it anyway.  This is very hard for both me and DH.  Normally I have a super high sex drive so this is crazy for us.
  • I'm scared to death that it will cause spotting and nothing is worth seeing that and freaking out over it which I sooo know I would do.  He is in agreement with me.
  • a few times... but luckly DH has been very tired at night due to working insane hours so I dont feel like I am letting him down when I feel like poop at night and the last thing I want to do is get on him!
  • Once.  And it was not comfortable. I hope it gets better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • None here.  Either I've been exhausted or been cramping and not in the mood.  I'm sure it will get better eventually!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We moved the week of my BFP, so we were too exhausted.  Then I started spotting, and I've been on pelvic rest since then.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • None!  I'm too afraid at this point.  So is my DH.  I think we'll wait a few more weeks just so we feel more secure & can actually enjoy it. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • once then at my 6 week 3 day u/s I was put on pelvic rest. I am really hoping that will be lifted after my nt scan this week!
  • imagecarasizemore:
    I'm scared to death that it will cause spotting and nothing is worth seeing that and freaking out over it which I sooo know I would do.  He is in agreement with me.

It's not gonna automatically cause spotting. I have a few times and the first time yes I spotted after word but have a few times since then and nothing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • None.  How awful!  My hubby is gone for work 8 days at a time, then home for 6, and I have been working most of those days he's home.  I do 12 hour shifts and am just too tired and crappy feeling to be in the mood.  I feel so bad!! 
  • More than before :)  And no spotting so far *keeps fingers crossed*!  My OB assured me at my last visit that my cervix was very tightly sealed, lol!

Edit: An added bonus is, morning sex results in putting off the nausea for like an hour!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was put on pelvic rest until my first appointment (which was monday). We had sex last night and holy CRAP it was long overdue. :)

I didn't have any spotting afterwards either, so if that's a reason you're avoiding, don't let that deter you.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • We've done it exactly once.  I had some light spotting around 51/2 weeks so my doctor told me to take it easy and avoid sex until my first u/s.  Even after the u/s when we found out everything was fine, DH was too freaked out to do anything.  That was fine with me because I felt like crap.  Now that I'm feeling less crappy, I'm hoping things pick back up.  I miss it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Honestly, none...I am so nervous and DH and I actually talked about it tonight. He is nervous too, which makes me feel a little better. I think we might wait till after our first appt. We'll see!

• atleast once a week...no problems here... just haven't really felt like it, most of the time
  • Only 2 times, but in my defense I spent he first few weeks sacred and tired, then after we did I have been OOT with my mom visitng my sister and now that I am home my DH is OOT for work. So hopefully we can start again on Friday when he comes back!

• Just a few times.  We've been really busy/tired/exhausted/I've been sick...so those are our excuses.  It's definitely less than before the BFP...but before the BFP we were like rabbits because we were TTC, so this once or twice per week is a little more normal.
  • Thanks, now i feel so guilty. Honestly, I have had 3 m/c's in the past year, which all occured right after having sex. SO needless to see I put my self on pelvic rest just to be cautious. My poor husband is dying! In my defense, he has been gone training in the mohave desert (army) for the past months!! I plan to kick it up a notch when he gets home :) WHEW I feel so much less guilty just saying it!
  • Just a few times... We are both so afraid of something happening because it took us 12 years to get pregnant.  I do feel somewhat guilty for it not being more often.

After we hit that 'safe' time we can both relax and enjoy the ride (no pun intended lol)Wink

• We only do it once a week now.  And I feel like I am taking one for the team, I have zero sex drive.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"