3rd Trimester

anyone else having groin pain?

I have had pain in my groin area like a sore muscle. It starts from the middle of my thighs and crosses over my pubic area. I get like this if I do too much or walk alot. Am I the only one? and does anyone know what it is from? Thanks for the info.

Re: anyone else having groin pain?

• I get one if I twist wrong getting up or getting in the car. I think the Dr said mine was a round ligament spasm.  It really hurts and usually makes me cry. I just have to sit back and relax until it goes away. 
  • I have some serious groin pain.  To the point where I can't lift my leg up to put on my pants! I'm going to the chiro tomorrow... hoping he can do something.  My doctor said it's from the Relaxin in your body that makes your muscles/bones more flexible and it can cause pain in some women. 
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds right. I feel like I have done the thigh master for 40 hours. It is bad when I stand up. i hope it goes away!! Soon! 
  • Yes, I have groin pain!!  My OB said it is my pelvic bone separating getting ready for the baby combined with RLP and the weight of the baby belly... it makes it really painful to roll over in bed and to put on pants, but oh well, it is what it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have this alot.  Everything is loosening up and from what I understand this is normal.  I also feel it when I walk alot or do alot.  It goes away when I rest. 
  • Totally!  It sucks.  I feel it anytime I walk or move.  It's painful.  Doc said to me it's totally normal and it's the separation and everything stretching out.  She told me it's worse with the second or more pregnancies and I definitely agree!  Ouch...very annoying.
  • imageerinb31:
    Yes, I have groin pain!!? My OB said it is my pelvic bone separating getting ready for the baby combined with RLP and the weight of the baby belly... it makes it really painful to roll over in bed and to put on pants, but oh well, it is what it is.

This.?

It hurts all. the. time. ?It started at about 31 weeks, and has not gotten any better. ?Oh well, only 4+ weeks to go. ?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me too! Turning over in bed is excruciating right in the middle of my pubic bone (but I can only handle being on one side for a few hours because my actual hips hurt!).   It is to the point that I can barely walk in the morning and I have to sit down to get dressed, etc.  I know it is due to relaxin / separation of the hips in preparation for birth but I am not that big and have gained weight on "schedule" so I am really surprised it is as painful as it is!  I called the MD and their only suggestion was a physical therapy consult and occasional tylenol.  I have tried to do some research online to figure out what exactly PT would be "doing" so I could do some of the stretches at home.....but to no avail!  If anyone knows of anything, I would appreciate it!  The one thing I have found to help is to sit on the exercise ball.... I work from home on Fridays and sit on the ball with my laptop.  It helps but unfortunately, it is only one day per week!   
  • Yes! I was so excited to hear that it's not just me.  Everyone else I've mentioned this to, acts like they have no idea what I'm talking about. I can't lift my leg to put on my pants w/o feeling a stabbing pain in my crotch!...same thing when I change sides in bed or when I try to get off the couch.

I actually had this pretty bad in the 2nd trimester, but then it got much better for a couple of months.  Now, here I am in the third trimester and it's back!  I'm 29wk 4days today, but it's been back for a couple of weeks already.

I think what helped during my first bout with it was to have DH help me getting off the couch (not strain myself).  I'm not sure though...could have been a coincidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"