Baby Showers
Options

do i cancel the baby shower?

So I was admitted on tuesday to the hospital for PTL, They discovered that i have a incompetent cervix, im only 23 weeks pg but was allowed to go home on strict bed rest. I go see my OB every week for progesterone shots & next week for the beta-methazone shots. Then to the peri every week for cervical checks & u/s.

My MIL & mom are throwing my shower here at my house & it will be at 30 weeks. The doc's are trying to get me to 33 weeks. So should I have them cancel the shower? They all ready sent out the invitations & are getting rsvp's back (all yes's so far) I not sure what to do.

Re: do i cancel the baby shower?

• Options

Yikes, that's a tough call.  It all depends on how you're feeling I guess.  Since you're on strict bedrest, if you have the party you'd have to lay on a couch and not move really, right?  If you were feeling ok, I'm sure your guest wouldn't mind.  However, if you were uncomfortable or in pain, it may make your guest feel uncomfortable and sad that there isn't much they can do.

As much as I wouldn't want to, I'd probably cancel.

Maybe you could have a meet the babies (I think I saw that you're having twins) party after you give birth?

• Options
    I'd probably go for it.  If you aren't there...no biggie (wouldn't be the first time).  Otherwise just lay around and enjoy your party and being waited on hand and foot.  The guests will truly understand.  My goodness...twins!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this sounds weird but can you afford to cancel the shower? Example: will you absolutely need the gifts (i.e. carseats) before or can you or a family member buy the necessary items beforehand?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would see if there's any way they can move it ahead- I know that'd be a pain for them and the guests.  Otherwise, if you have or can get carseats, etc before the babies arrive, I'd cancel it.  I think it'd be more fun for you to attend once you aren't stressed about the situation and have the babies in hand.  That's a tough one!
  • Options
    I would either have it without you or cancel it. Too much stress isnt a good thing and showers can get pretty hectic. If they were gonna have it dont do it at your house have them just have it without you there.
  • Options
    I've heard of situations where moms weren't able to go bc of medical resons and the husband went in her place.  Is that an option?
  • Options
    Wow, they sent the invites out really early!!!  I'd see if you can push up the date at all and make sure its ok with your Dr that you just sit there, chat with your guests and open the gifts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i think the babies' health as well as your own are way more important than the shower.  will your husband go in your place? i think people will absolutely understand  
  • Options
    I say keep the plan as is. I've seena couple bed-rest girls get to go to their own shower- since it's in your own home, that's even safer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"