3rd Trimester

would this bother you?

I've been pretty hormonal in the last couple weeks so I might just be extra sensitive, but I just went to grab a salad at Taco Del Mar & got the 3rd degree by the checkout girl!

First she asked me questions that didn't bug me too bad, I'm used to them by now..."do you get tired easily?" "Are you having a lot of morning sickness?" etc

then...and let me just explain that there was a huge line behind me of people getting their lunches & she was holding my debit card just chatting away & I just wanted to take my salad & go....she says VERY loudly...

"So, are you going to have a natural birth?"

Indifferent I guess I just think that's a private decision, I dont think anyone really KNOWS what they will do until they're in labor & see how things go & I dont' really want the entire line of people listening in on that conversation! She pressed & asked me again when I didn't answer...so eventually I just said "well, I probably will end up wanting the epidural, but we'll see" Then I grabbed my card & salad & ran away. MEH!

Re: would this bother you?

• People are stoopid.
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • WHY do normal people insist on talking to us pregnant women! They always say something stupid!
  • Loading the player...
  • you should have said "yes, we are doing a birth open for viewing - would you like to attend?"

people are so weird.

• It took us a while to get pregnant. So when My friends were I would ask them stuff like that. But never a stranger. now I wonder did I get on my friends nerves??
  • It wouldn't bother me b/c it's a subject I enjoy talking about (in fact, I found our doula at the last minute this week b/c my mom aws talking to the Starbucks manager who she's become friendly with about his wife just having a baby and using my midwives and he rec. this doula, etc) but I can certainly see how it could bother some and be inappropriate to ask.
  • I think its a a mix of the two. I mean I would not be that annoyed by that question personally, but if you got me on a bad day I might. I guess it depends on the tone. 
  • imagemajors31:

you should have said "yes, we are doing a birth open for viewing - would you like to attend?"

Haha THIS! Totally none of her business!

• imagemajors31:

you should have said "yes, we are doing a birth open for viewing - would you like to attend?"

people are so weird.

this made me LOL!

and to a pp - it wouldn't bother me if it was my friends/aquaintances asking me about this stuff, I've been asked that by them before, it was more the total stranger throwing questions out at me one by one & it just made me uncomfortable to discuss my "birth plan" like that. IDK. I'm not super mad over it, just found it really odd that someone would ask somethign so personal of a complete stranger.

•   It doesn't bother me when friends or family ask, as long as they are non-judgemental.  But a stranger?  I'd be pissed.  Especially if it's wasting some of my precious 30 min. lunch break!
  • i get this question alot! and whats even more annoying is that men ask me more than women...werid!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"