Infertility

Micro IVF - why so much cheaper?

Has anyone else heard of Micro IVF?  There is a clinic where I live (although they have locations throughout the US) that has a micro IVF option listed for $4950 including all the drugs and it looks like the monitoring too.  Anyone know what the difference between IVF and Micro IVF is?

Here is a link to the site where I saw this in case anyone is interested  https://www.haveababy.com/?49d69c4c9a104

TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Micro IVF - why so much cheaper?

• Ditto pp. Mini (micro) IVF uses mostly Clomid and maybe a little FSH to stim. That can cut thousands off the cost right there. Goal it to produce only a few really great quality eggs, so maybe monitoring isn't as intense either?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I read a little bit about that micr-ivf deal from that clinic, and it sounds like it is also a promo to get more business. They just have a great price! However, only select people qualify to do it, which is how I think they are keeping their costs low. They take the "easy" patients for it so it will cost less to monitor, etc. They exclude MFI, for example.
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks for posting this! We have a SIRM center near us..and as we pursue treatments, it seems increasingly possible we *might* go to IVF....my issue seems to be that my ovaries respond well to clomid and femara (the last cycle anyway) but my lining and estrogen are off...

I am also thinking about having embryos frozen for the future - I am "young" (going on 30 next month) but my issues with the anovulation/amenorrhea onset suddenly at age 27 (before then I had no signs of any issues with fertility)....

My dx is PCOS and I was told that weight gain (around the time I was 27) likely triggered it and if I went on met and lost weight, I would probably go back to ovulate on my own - well no luck there - I was discussing it with my doc this morning and he said "well, you are older now" - I know he didn't mean anything by it but it struck a chord - like if my body is degrading so rapidly at 29 then what will happen at 34 or 35? I almost want to have a few frozen for the futuren - but being Catholic I also struggle with the possibility of having so many embryos that I wouldn't able to use them all - the microIVF sounds like a really good compromise...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the replies.  I read more about this particular program after posting this and of course (as a PP mentioned) people with MFI don't qualify. 

Maybe someone else will find this helpful.  $4950 is a deal if you can qualify and I am sure there are a lot of ladies on this board who can.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"