3rd Trimester
Options

You know what's funny about us not wanting to pacify...

Is that, with our dog, we are all about it.  She has blankets that she sucks on just like a pacifier.  She doesn't chew on them, she sucks.  And she can't sleep unless she has one. 

All this just came to mind as I'm watching her pass out while sucking on a blanket and timing these damn things.

Re: You know what's funny about us not wanting to pacify...

• Options
    Thats so funny! My dog sucks his dewclaws so it looks like he sucks his thumb. He has to do it to go to sleep too. 
    imageimage Life is short but sweet for certain~Dave Matthews Band
  • Options
    This is funny.  Our dog does it to a stuffed bear.  He can not sleep with out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our dog does it too. It looks almost like she's teething on her blanket, but she's really just "num numming it" and then falls asleep!!!
  • Options

imageIrishgirl08:
    Thats so funny! My dog sucks his dewclaws so it looks like he sucks his thumb. He has to do it to go to sleep too. 

One of my dogs does the same thing. He even makes little sucking noises from time to time, so I've woken up and wondered where the heck the sound was coming from.

• Options
    imagepeppermintgirl:

One of my dogs does the same thing. He even makes little sucking noises from time to time, so I've woken up and wondered where the heck the sound was coming from. 

Ours makes the sound too! Sometimes after he falls asleep he will just keep the sucking motion going without his thumb.  

imageimage Life is short but sweet for certain~Dave Matthews Band
  • Options
    I have never heard of or seen a dog sucking on anything.  That's pretty funny!
  • Options

My dog will do this with any stuffed animal she can find. Well, after she chews its face off. Weirdo.

My mom got a kitten a few months ago, and when I was visiting it started sucking on my hair when I was sleeping. That was one of the strangest things I've ever woken up to.

• Options
    We had a dog that would suck the blanket, and a cat that did the same. So funny!!
  • Options
    I was not a big fan of pacifiers either.  I am hoping for a thumb sucker to self pacify, but now that I know pacifiers can reduce the risk of SIDS I'm going to do it if the thumb doesn't happen.
  • Options

Im going to use a pacifier only because I dont want him sucking his thumb. Its much easier to take away the pacifier when they are at that point and to have him cry about it a little then something thats connected to him, thats just a whole big mess.

• Options
    We used a pacifier for 10 months. They are very useful for young babies and EASY to break the habit if you do it EARLY!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"