Northern California Babies

Wainscotting in nursery? and PIP

Did anyone do wainscotting in their nursery? I want to do it but trying to figure out how much it will cost. My dad can install it for us, so we just need the goods from home depot. I measured my room and it looks like I need about 5 panels which is around $250. Does that sound right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wainscotting in nursery? and PIP

• Mrs.Emm did it in her nursery and it looks amazing!  I don't have any recs for you, but here's a link to her blog.

https://mommymoreno.blogspot.com/2008/06/progress-in-babys-room.html

• we have wainscotting in our nursery - it was here when we moved in though.  I can send you a few pictures if you'd like but I don't have any idea on the pricing.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • There are kits sold at Home Depot....i thought it would make it easier, but all of them were damaged in some way. Plus, you have to get new baseboards and borads to run along the top of the wainscotting. We decided not to do it b/c it seemed to difficult & cost more than expected. We were discouraged. Each kit cost $16 an we needed to purchase about 15 of them for our nursery (12x12).I forgot how much the base boards and top boards cost....

?

HTH! ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Wright07:

Mrs.Emm did it in her nursery and it looks amazing!  I don't have any recs for you, but here's a link to her blog.

https://mommymoreno.blogspot.com/2008/06/progress-in-babys-room.html

thanks mrswright! Yes - we did the homedepot option - it was so quick & easy!!! and price effective too. :)

• Thanks everyone and I just realized I forgot the PIP. We are going with a nautical theme and was thinking something like this (this is the actual bedding we're getting):image
  • Hello from Tahoe!!!!

We did the wainscotting in both of our bathrooms by using the kits from Home Depot.  I would HIGHLY recommend painting them before you install them, and then doing a quick once over the seams to blend them in once they are up.

It all turned out really nice.  Also, the plastic ones are way easier than the wood fiber ones...we have the plastic in the bathroom with the w/d and we wished we had it in both now (same cost).  You won't need to paint the plastic ones (but you will need to still pain the baseboards and chair rail that they sell to go with them)...easier to clean.

Hope this is helpful info.  Love your nautical idea! 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"