Babies: 9 - 12 Months

If you and DH seperated would you keep his last name

or go back to your maiden?

Re: If you and DH seperated would you keep his last name

• If we divorced I would go back to my maiden name. My MIL hangs on to her married name because she didn't want the divorce and still loves her husband so I feel bad for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You mean divorced, not separated, right? Yes, I'd keep his last name. I like it, it is the same as my children's names.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would probably keep my married name, so DS and I would still have the same last name.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• keep the married to match the kids.
  • No way would I keep it.  Heck there have been a few times I have told DH that I am changing my name back. I am embarrassed to associated with his family and then I feel bad because it is DHs name too.
  • I'd keep my married name to match my kids.
  • To be honest, part of the reason I never took his name in the first place was probably out of fear that we may someday get divorced. DS's name is hyphenated, so that wouldn't be an issue.

It would still be horribly messy though!

• imagemissfire:

To be honest, part of the reason I never took his name in the first place was probably out of fear that we may someday get divorced. DS's name is hyphenated, so that wouldn't be an issue.

It would still be horribly messy though!

thats really sad :( 

• When DH and I were separated and going through divorce (I canceled it.) I wanted to go back to my maiden name, but my lawyer told me how difficult things can get if I have a different last name then my kid(s) so I decided to keep it.

imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Yes, My DHs mother has a different last name them him and he tells me all the time how much hes hates that.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • imageMrs Boom:
    Yes, My DHs mother has a different last name them him and he tells me all the time how much hes hates that.

Really?  My mom changed her name back to her maiden when my parents got divorced, and it wasn't a big deal to me.  The DIVORCE itself was a much bigger deal.

• easy decision here - never changed it in the first place:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"