Orange County Babies

Moby D vs Peanut Shell

How different are they? DD does not being held on a sling in the craddle position but likes the upright position of the Bjorn (she can be in it for hours). Peanut Shells are on sale but looks like you can only wear them in the craddle position. I'm wondering if it's worth another try with something different.  

Re: Moby D vs Peanut Shell

• Forgot to mention: Right now I have the Infantino Sling Rider and DD just sinks in it. Wondering how different the above will be.

TIA!

• I have a friend who swears by the Ergo -- you buy a separate infant insert, but I've looked at the videos online, and it seems pretty straightforward to use. I have back problems, so the fact that it takes the weight off your back appeals to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! Those look cool! I had not heard of the Ergo. I'm looking for something easier to put on. The Bjorn takes me and DH to get DD in (specially since she screams bloddy murder in the process).
  • I love my moby. DD always falls asleep in it. I tried a ring sling and DD kept sinking in and it didnt seem to fit us well, so I am sticking with the moby. I also just ordered a babyhawk mei tai baby carrier. I haven't tried it yet. We'll see how that works out.
  • If your baby doesn't like being in the cradle position, she won't like the Peanut Shell.  You can use it in different positions when she's older, but I don't think it's that comfortable to use.  I'd go with a Moby instead, it's supposedly very good for infants.
  • It's definitely worth it to get a Moby.  DS loved being in it and I really like how I can wear it so many different ways.  It's also much less harsh on my back than my bjorn.
  • I have the sleepy wrap, it's like the moby but the fabric has stretch so it doesn't start to sag over time.  It's also a little cheaper which is nice.  I absolutely love it.  I used to put my son in it in cradle and he slept like a log.  Now that he's older I put him in it facing up and out and he is happy as a clam.  It is much easier on your back than a front carrier.  I LOVE IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"