Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Snail trail

Ok I know most of us would do anything for a baby right now and should embrace alllll that goes along with pregnancy and just be thankful...BUT reading about the snail trail on 1st tri makes me gag. Every time.  I can't help it and maybe my bad attitude about the "snail trail" is why I'm not pregnant but gross.  It's not even what it actually is that grosses me out, but the name.

Vent over. 

Re: Snail trail

• Options
    imageclooney81:

Ok I know most of us would do anything for a baby right now and should embrace alllll that goes along with pregnancy and just be thankful...BUT reading about the snail trail on 1st tri makes me gag. Every time.  I can't help it and maybe my bad attitude about the "snail trail" is why I'm not pregnant but gross.  It's not even what it actually is that grosses me out, but the name.

Vent over. 

Huh?  What is that?  Link?

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
    Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
    D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
    BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
    DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

• Options
    WTH are you talking about?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageclooney81:

maybe my bad attitude about the "snail trail" is why I'm not pregnant

I'm sorry, but this *really* made me giggle. haha 

• Options

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/19005259.aspx

It's not really that gross... I just can't stand the name. 

• Options
    Here's a novel idea.  If you don't like the name of a post - don't OPEN it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Pop on over to 3rd tri and read about mucus plugs.

And then there are the birth stories. All and all, stuff all over the place, this having a baby business.

• Options
    imagekdodge423:

Do you really think birth is a pretty sight (or it's aftermath)? That is so much worse than snail trail it's not even funny.

I realize that.  It's just one of those terms that gross me out. 

• Options
    I don't get why you would repeatedly read a post that grosses you out.
  • Options

imagemrsh0606:
    Here's a novel idea.  If you don't like the name of a post - don't OPEN it.

I wasn't criticizing at all or making fun of it.  I was really just joking around. 

• Options
    Ummmm, yeah. It is gross.....but, I can live with it for my little one.
  • Options
    imageCathyMD:

And then there are the birth stories. All and all, stuff all over the place, this having a baby business.

Honestly, I'm still mildly scarred from the post I read a week or so ago about the labias being so swollen they were likened to giant testicles chaffing her and someone else calling it the blue twinkies.  LOL.  Oy.

• Options
    I do have to say that pregnancy is not glamorous. It can be downright aweful. Snail trails, peeing your pants, hemorrhoids etc etc etc. However, it's the most beautiful experience at the same time and I would not trade it for anything in the world. You have to suck it up because it only gets worse until after delivery.
  • Options
    imageGlowconsin:
    imageCathyMD:

Honestly, I'm still mildly scarred from the post I read a week or so ago about the labias being so swollen they were likened to giant testicles chaffing her and someone else calling it the blue twinkies.  LOL.  Oy.

LOL I remember that one.

• Options
    imageGlowconsin:
    imageCathyMD:

OMG right, that. Ice in the underwear and all.

• Options

I think the term is gross too.

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Honey- if you are that grossed out I would rethink kids altogether. Snal trail hardly holds a candle to all the icky messes they provide. And I can't wait.
  • Options

I liked to refer to my pregnancy as a series of humiliations. My high point was when I was in my third tri puking from my terrible heartburn. My retches were forcing me to pee all over myself and the floor while MH watched over me.

Pregnancy is gross, totally alien, and kind of absurd in many ways. However, I'd do that every day of my pregnancy to have another child as cool as my Indigo. I'd b!tch about it, sure, but I'd do it. 

Edited to add: I'm not even including the birthing experience. You so don't want anyone who has had a baby to go there.

• Options

imageAbc15379:
    Honey- if you are that grossed out I would rethink kids altogether. Snal trail hardly holds a candle to all the icky messes they provide. And I can't wait.

Lol....I checked a kids diaper at work the other day. Pulled the back open to see if they had a Bm and wouldn't you know it was all up thier back and in my finger nails....now that is gross.

• Options

imageAbc15379:

Not grossed out by what it is, just the term.  I also will embrace the good and the bad of pregnancy and hope for the chance.

• Options
    ZAngelZAngel member
    I've definitely seen a lot worse Indifferent
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagenova & paul:

imageAbc15379:

Lol....I checked a kids diaper at work the other day. Pulled the back open to see if they had a Bm and wouldn't you know it was all up thier back and in my finger nails....now that is gross.

Lol did that once, yuck!  I think I scrubbed my finger for 15 minutes after.

• Options

Snail trail isn't only reserved for pregnancy.

Am I the only one who's ever left a snail trail on the bed sheets after some crazy sex????

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagechristykell:

Am I the only one who's ever left a snail trail on the bed sheets after some crazy sex??? 

Uhhhh this is why your suppose to stand on your head after sex, duh

• Options
    your worried about a snail trail! im worried about a code brown!
  • Options
    imagechristykell:

Am I the only one who's ever left a snail trail on the bed sheets after some crazy sex??? 

Nope  ::raises hand and nods yes::

And then DH laughs because its usually on my side of the bed and I am always too wiped to change the sheets.

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
    Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
    D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
    BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
    DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

• Options
    imagechristykell:

Yes, and it's always on my side of the bed...

• Options
    imageJoeypnut:
    imagechristykell:

Yes, and it's always on my side of the bed...

This is why I always make sure to climb out DH's side Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"