1st Trimester

Who won't see a doc til at least 10 weeks???

Who's with me?? I feel alone in this. No doc appts at all, except the bloodwork to confirm the pregnancy. My OB won't see me until 10 weeks. Still have 3 more long weeks to wait....Ugh...
Due October 29

Re: Who won't see a doc til at least 10 weeks???

• I have to wait 8 weeks and I think that is rather long. But to be honest I am not a needle and doctor kind of person, so I am not pitching a big fit. I am kinda bummed that my doc won't listen to the heart beat until I am in my third month.
  • Mine is at 8 or 9 weeks.  Not sure when we conceived.  I know it seems like 8 weeks is so much earlier when you have to wait for 10, though!  But I didn't even have bloodwork yet.  Nothing. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not going until 9 1/2 weeks, and I didn't have any confirmation tests either.  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im seven weeks and i go for the first appt. tomorrow morning...i thought that was long!!  but i havent had blood work or anything done either!  It seems far, but it kinda goes quick...i think...
  • Thats kind of strange. I went in the week i found out (5 weeks!) and then i went back the next week to make sure things were progressing and then again at 8 weeks. Now i am at regular schedule of every 4 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went yesterday to a consultation appointment with a nurse.  I will not be "seen" until 8/6.  I will be 11 weeks by that point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 2/17/12 EDD 10/24/12 MM/C 3/22/12 D&C 3/27, 4/4, 4/9
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • same here. ?met with the NP yesterday. ?no beta testing, no early u/s to date the pregnancy... just bloodwork until 10w.
  • I just called today.  I was told the doctors dont see you until between 8-10 weeks so they can do an ultrasound at that time. 

Now I am confused on the counting of weeks.  I started week 1 as the week of my last period.  But then I am still off of when the doctor scheduled me for the 8week appt.

• My doctor sees you between 8-10 weeks. Thats common. After that you will get sick of going to the doctor!
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • That's pretty normal.  I didn't see mine till 11 weeks.  In her office, it's standard to have the first appointment between 10-12 weeks unless you've had prior miscarriages or other complications.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We aren't going till 10w6d. So it's not just you! Top it off we haven't had any blood work at all. I hear ya, the wait seems like forever! It'll eventually get closer and closer!
  • I was 10 weeks 1 day before I actually met with my dr. I had a "orientation" with the nurse when I was like 5 weeks to get blood work done. I think it is completly normal. Also at my 10 week appt. I got to hear the babys HB on the doppler :)
  • I so hear your frustration. The doctor won't see me until approx. 8-9 weeks (which will be two weeks from tomorrow!!!!!) it seems so long to wait. The only thing (besides my symptoms and lack of AF) that has told me I am pregnant is a little stick! I will be suffering along with you . At least you got blood work done-I am nervous about that as well!
  • I will be seeing the nurse at 9 1/2 weeks and won't see a dr until I am 12 weeks....it seems like forever. I haven't had any bloodwork confirmation either.....it seems weird that they don't do your nurse appt sooner.....don't know. I have taken additional home tests just to make sure.....

• my drs office schedules a meeting with an OB Educator between 8-10 weeks and you don't see the doctor until 10-12 weeks.
  • I thought i was the only one, i went to see my GP at 5weeks, and i was told i will be contacted afterwards, a letter came in on tuesday to say i have been booked for exactly 12weeks. The sono appointment is 12weeks 5days. I feel so left out, but lucky DH is a doctor so i have checks everyday with him.
  • I think that is normal. ?I have seen my Gyn. with blood tests and early 6w3d u/s to date pregnancy and see a hb. ?I have not yet seen an OB and it doesn't look like I will get in with one 'til 11 weeks.
  • imageKetchumCutie:
    I'll be doing my "get into the system" appointment on the 17th... I'll be 12 wks. I wont actually see a doctor until well after that. It is so frustrating going to a military hospital! I had to call every day, 3-5 times a day for 2 weeks to get in to be induced with my overdue son. Everyone thinks ppl in the military are so lucky when it comes to healthcare, and we are, but it is always over booked and you dont have any other options, you are always just a number to them.

OT, completely, but I wonder if this gives us any glimpse of the impending government run health care options.

• You are one step ahead of me. I havent even had bloodwork. The drs office told me they wont see you until 2 missed periods.
  • I went at 6 1/2 weeks for bloodwork, but I don't go back until next week at 10 1/2. That's supposedly when I have my first u/s, but they've been kinda vague, so we'll see!
  • Try 12 weeks! You will see your baby before me!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm in the same boat.  I will be 10w5d when I go.  My appt is next week though.

I already told everyone I was pregnant though. LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"