Babies: 9 - 12 Months

LIP: Is there any point to this?

https://www.target.com/Toddler-Girls%E2%80%99-Cabana-3-pc-Braided/dp/B0027BPL68/qid=1246423958/ref=br_1_3/185-6998947-8874629?ie=UTF8&node=16248521&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Ok I have never seen these before until this summer.  Then again, I was never looking for girl swimsuits before so I don't know how long these swim shirts have been out. 

Is there a special purpose to them?  I am not being sassy, Ijust really don't know why they invented a swim shirt.  Wouldn't you be hotter in something like this than a one piece regular bathing suit?  TIA

Re: LIP: Is there any point to this?

• I believe it is for sunburn purposes, so you avoid it as much as possible.  I might be wrong, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • reducing sun exposure...right?
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a different take on the surfer/rash guard shirts.  Get her one!  They are SPF 50+.  Save her skin.

ETA: no, they're not hot.  All 3 of our boys wear them and think they're cool.  For whatever reason, kids at their school are wearing them as actual shirts now, too - the surf style ones anyway.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • It's not about being hot. It's about coverage in the sun. We have one and I have her wear it when we're out and about on a sunny day at the lake. Great protection for little skin.

• I wore a full body equivalent in Australia when we went snorkling. Sun is brutal. It also protects against jellyfish... but I'm sure that isn't much of a concern in this case. I would make my kid wear the shirt versus the bikini part.
  • imageMrsL.inMarch:
    I would make my kid wear the shirt versus the bikini part.

This.  I'm not a fan of children in bikinis.

Plus, I know when my son wears a shirt swimming he stays a lot cooler, because they shirt stays wet against his skin when he is running around.

• Logan wears them to protect against sunburn. I am hoping it, in addition to sunscreen, will keep him from burning because I have noticed that I burn more on my shoulders.
  • Thanks ladies. Yea I have 3 one piece bathing suits for her now...but now I am thinking to get her a type of shirt like this.  Especially for our PR trip. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"