Babies on the Brain
Options

Pre-conception shots?

Hi there - I was wondering if anyone knows what shots to get before getting pregnant. A friend of mine said that there are a few I should get before TTC since newer versions will immunize baby, too. Does anyone have a list? Getting ready to talk to OB/GYN for last physical before TTC and want to be prepared. Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Pre-conception shots?

• Options
    I have never heard anything about this. I've been TTC for almost 2 years, have seen 2 doctors and no one on this board has ever said anything like that before.
    TTC #1 - Cycle 29 - BFP!! 03/05/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog BFP Chart Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

If you are up to date with your shots, then you don't need any. Some shots require waiting 3 months before ttc and are not safe during pg, so if you need those you should get them before ttc.

I have not heard of any shots that will immunize the baby.

Ask your OB/GYN what shots they recommend based on your history.

Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never heard of pre-conception shots

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• Options

imageBoopADoopBetty:
    I've never heard of pre-conception shots

Me either

• Options
    I work in an OBGYN office and have never heard this.
  • Options
    The thing she might be thinking of is rubella.  When you get pregnant you'll be tested for immunity and if you don't have it they'll immunize you then.  Some docs will do this before you TTC, like mine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, I've never heard of this either. I do know that there was a period of time when the MMR shot wasn't effective, I had to have the series redone when I was in college, but that's the only thing I can think of and I've never heard it mentioned in conjunction with TTC.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"