3rd Trimester
Options

Maybe a touchy subject

Re: Maybe a touchy subject

• Options
    Very planned and paid for.  :)
  • Options
    a little of both, we went off bc pills and onto family planning methods as our bc. When life got kinda crazy, totally forgot about our "unsafe" days and now here we are. So we didn't plan on this happening this soon, but we knew we were going to start trying soon anyhow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here
  • Options

Planned but happened quicker than we thought!  Stopped BC in October and in the middle of noveember I said "I think this is the time we should have sex it we want to have a baby"  So we did-one time and BAM!  God must really think we should have babies. DH is PISSED and totally feels cheated!  He says "I thought trying to have a baby would be more fun!"  haha I still laugh at it.

• Options
    Ours was a "what could happen if only once...."
  • Options
    aglennaglenn member

I'm in the "oops" camp, and we were using BC, so honestly I have no clue how it happened since it never had before and we were using the same BC (we've been married 5 years).  Anyway, our plan was to wait another year, but the LO apparently had her own timeline in mind.  After getting over the initial shock, we're absolutely thrilled and I am inclined to think she was smarter than us, anyway.  It really was the right time.

Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenola*Steph:

Planned.  But not extensively.  I stopped taking the pill because we were going to just "see what happens," and yeah "it" happened really quick.  Quicker than I think either of us anticipated because it was banged into my head so much that it would take months once getting of BC.  Right.  :)

Same here

• Options
    planned. I charted.
  • Options
    Ours was very much planned.
  • Options
    Planned. We were just about to start charting when I got BFP.
  • Options

imagecmdelpizzo:
    We were not trying, but then again we were not not trying.   

This was us as well.  We thought we were suffering from secondary infertility.  Turns out that my troubles with getting pregnant were because I did not have my entire appendix removed when I was 16.  The remainder of my appendix had lodged itself low in my abdomen causing me to not ovulate every month.  Had surgery over the summer last year and within four months, I was pregnant!

• Options
    mrsmelmrsmel member
    planned. took us 7 months to get pg.
  • Options
    imageSquishycheeks:

The best "oops" I've ever had lol..

We were not actively trying, but we were not doing a very good job of preventing either.

In DH's words,

"We got married and let things happen lol"

This is kinda my sistuation. We were not preventing....we let nature take its course.

• Options
    Planned, as we were trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years, but exciting when it happened (surprise!) because we were starting to get discouraged.  This whole adventure started with not trying to prevent, but not trying to get pg...
  • Options
    imagekittykatlover:
    Ours was planned, but I got PG the first month, and we definitely weren't expecting it to happen that quickly.
    This for us too!
  • Options
    Planned - took 5 months after getting off bc pills.  First time I used the CBEFM it worked Smile
  • Options
    Ours was planned, but a surprise, too, since I thought it would take us much longer! Took less than 2 months after we started trying.
  • Options
    Ours was planned in the sense that I went off birth control. I figured it would take a few months of trying.... never expected to get pregnant  on the very first shot.Big Smile Still I was excited that I did.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't call it an "oops" just a pleasant surprise :) We weren't planning on having a LO for a couple years, but here we are. I don't think we could be any happier!!
  • Options
    Ours was planned in that we had made the decision to stop using birth control. I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly. I got pregnant the first month off the pill.
  • Options

Very much an oops baby.  I was on birth control and diagnosed with PCOS. 

My sister who also has PCOS had tried for years to get pregnant and tried all kinds of fertility treatments and finally the doctor said her only option was IVF, which she can't afford and it pretty much crushed her.  I decided then that I didn't want to even try because I didn't want to set myself up for the heartache (plus i had a miscarriage before, which was an accidental pregnancy too).  My SO decided we'd stick with the motto "Whatever happens, happens!"

Well long story short, because of the PCOS I gained a bunch of weight really fast and couldn't lose it.  The doctor put me on a medication to help me lose the weight, but he didn't warn me that they also use it for fertility treatments for people with PCOS.  3 months later I was shocked to find out I was pregnant!

It was bad timing...just started a new job....but my boss is great and she's already bought me tons of stuff for the baby and is giving me my own office so I can bring the baby to work with me the first few months til I can find a sitter.

• Options
    Ours was a surprise.
  • Options
    Planned, we waited till we were married 5 years to get off the pill, which was Sept, and by Nov. we had a baby on the way! No charting, etc. thought we wanted to wait a year before we started that.
  • Options
    Planned. I got off birth control in Dec '08, we were "careful" until we got married in March '08. Got pregnant on the honeymoon and miscarried. I later got pregnant in Nov '08. Even though this was planned, both times DH was surprised it happened so quickly bec we are both over 35 and he had it in his head it would take awhile. I had a feeling it would be quick and it was. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    We'd planned to start trying in about six months (to avoid the late august early sept birth), but... we had a really nice vacation except I forgot my pills.  We're not regretful (except that the economy cost me my job) but it was definitely an... well... not an oops so much as an early surprise.
  • Options
    A total and complete "oops".  But I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Options

imagemommabarker09:
    I don't call it an "oops" just a pleasant surprise :) We weren't planning on having a LO for a couple years, but here we are. I don't think we could be any happier!!

I should also add that FI and I were unemployed the week we conceived... ya we didn't have anything better to do!! Really sucked because we aren't making as much as we were then, but we are both happier so it's working out :)

• Options
    Very planned and not so patiently waiting for :)
    My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)
  • Options

Planned "oops."

I had a chemical pg on the Pill, got seriously ill, and decided to quit the Pill altogether in the beginning of November.

We were going to start trying January, actually, and had started using NFP charting - which is how I had a hunch that I was pregnant before I took a test in January. We're so happy!

• Options
    imagemavilabride:

Apparently sex ed disappears as your alcohol level increases.

LOL!  =)

• Options
    My son was VERY planned.  This baby on the other hand was a little bit of a surprise!  We always wanted a second...but maybe closer to two years apart instead of 16/17 months apart.
  • Options
    Oopsie.  I prefer to think of it as a nice surprise though...just one that took some getting used to.  DD #1 was conceived through IVF, so imagine our surprise when I turned up pregnant naturally 1 year later!  By the way, this must be some sort of immaculate conception, because sex during the first year of our daughter's life was few and far between Big Smile
  • Options
    Totally unplanned but completely welcomed. We never really planned on having children and I have been on the same birth control for 10 years. Apparently someone else had something else in mind :)
  • Options
    We decided to start without any protection in the end of 2008...I wanted a May baby but God blessed us with an August one.  So I guess a little of both.  We live in a part of Arizona where it gets around 120 degrees in August but air conditioning is working great so far!!!
  • Options

somewhere in between....

We decided not to renew birth control and continue on as normal.

We never did any special testing or purposely had sex on certain days - we just did what we felt like doing and a few months later - tada.

• Options
    Ours was an oops.  I was on the pill and had also been told I would have a difficult time getting pregnant my whole life due to other issues.  We had been talking about trying within the next year so it was a welcomed oops.
  • Options
    Both of my pregnancies were completely planned.
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    as oops as oops can get... but i am totally thrilled. i can't wait to meet her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ours was planned

I think there are "oops- Smile" babies and then there are "OOOPS!! - Whisper" babies!
    Sounds like yours is in the former category

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Very planned for two years

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"