Trying to Get Pregnant

Picking your due date month?

I was wondering has anyone wanted to have their baby due a certain month and figure out when they needed to conceive and have it actually work?

Re: Picking your due date month?

• I havent. My mindset is any month will work for me.

TTC since 3/08, started charting 9/08
    Dx: Me-PCOS, DH-SA low normal
    Clomid cycles 1-3 (150mg)=BFN
    IUI- 150mg Clomid Ovidrel= BFP!!!
    Miscarriage 12-7-09 @ 8w1d

ChartBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image wlknsnlrn:
    I havent. My mindset is any month will work for me.

DITTO

***With faith in Christ Jesus***
    ***Foster - Adoption***
    Psalm 127:3 "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 113:9 "He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD!"
  • just wanted one asap... didn't care what month.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know people who have done it ... but they are fertile myrtles!
  • If you are a lucky one who gets pregnant on the first try - then yes, with proper planning - this could work out.

I think most of the ladies here would gladly take any due date they were blessed to have.

A 7/2010 - 9 pounds 1 oz, 22 in

T 3/2012 - 11 pounds, 22 in

• I just want one. I don't care what month it is.
  • When we first started TTC, I would play around with the dates in my head.

But at this point, I would be thrilled beyond belief to get pg at all.  It doesn't matter what month.  Getting pg is all I ask for, regardless of timing. 

image image image
  • You should ask this on a different board...like 1st tri.

This question is generally frowned upon here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Trying to Conceive since 10/2008

Unexplain IF

2010: 4 IUI's + injectibles, 1 M/C

2011: IVF #1 = BFN, IVF #2 = BFP! 2 embies implanted.

Beta #1 at 9DP5DT = 253, Beta #2 at 12DP5DT = 875!!, First ultrasound, May 5 - Triplets?! A set of identical twins and a tagalong

Glowconsin Getaway.

• image bbjoys:

When we first started TTC, I would play around with the dates in my head.

But at this point, I would be thrilled beyond belief to get pg at all.  It doesn't matter what month.  Getting pg is all I ask for, regardless of timing. 

This.

TTC since April'09/ 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP- 9/22/11/ DX. Dec '09 w/ Inappropriate LH Secretion Syndrom/PCO/ Anov 28 months Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is ridiculous. There is no way to get pg on demand. I thought I would have a summer baby when I started TTC in Nov. If I don't get pg soon, I may be back at having a summer baby. There's much more important things to worry about than your due date.
  • we started trying for march and after so i will be done school that being said, if we had conceived the first month trying wed have been due in feb. anything from now on is ideal but i definitely still would have taken any opportunity. picking a month almost never works out

Oct 15 '09 loss @ 8w5d 

image image

Burke born June 3rd 2012 @ 38w3d 

8lbs1oz and 19.5 inches long
  • image Savat:
    This is ridiculous. There is no way to get pg on demand. I thought I would have a summer baby when I started TTC in Nov. If I don't get pg soon, I may be back at having a summer baby. There's much more important things to worry about than your due date.

Silly me, I thought I'd have a 2008 baby.   

image image image
  • image jshay778:
    Good luck with that.

Ha! I say that all the time.

• You can use the due date calculator and put in your "expected" last period. That will tell you what month your will be due.  However, you might get AF late or early and you might not get KU right away so....  GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sorry i'm new to this- I wasn't sure where to ask.
  • image Savat:
    This is ridiculous. There is no way to get pg on demand. I thought I would have a summer baby when I started TTC in Nov. If I don't get pg soon, I may be back at having a summer baby. There's much more important things to worry about than your due date.

Yes

After 3 years of infertility, our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in my bio.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image MikeMarie:
    Sorry i'm new to this- I wasn't sure where to ask.

Regardless of where you ask the core response is the truth: Trying to plan like that is just setting yourself up for frustration.

GL,

• image MikeMarie:
    Sorry i'm new to this- I wasn't sure where to ask.

haha?

• image xxbblueangelxx:
    image bbjoys:

When we first started TTC, I would play around with the dates in my head.

This.

Ditto.

Our TTC Journey
    May 2007 - Off BCP
    Summer 2009 - Dx mostly unexplained IF, slight DOR
    IUI #1 - Feb 2010 = BFP; Missed M/C resulted in D&C (3/31)
    IUI #2 - June 2010 = BFP; Dx Severe Pre-Eclampsia 12/7, placed on hospital bedrest
    Kevin Patrick arrived 12/14/10 at 26w 4d gestation; Home on 4/21/11 after a 128 day NICU stay
  • Lurking is key here. Or really any board. Lurk first, ask questions later.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Savat:

I have to disagree.  Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something -- finances, work, etc.  I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year. 

• No. I just want a baby
    TTC#1 since 12/2007 // PCOS dx 10/2008 // Metformin

BFP#1-12/06/08 // Missed M/C-12/24/08 at 7w4d //
    5 failed rounds of Clomid //
    BFP#2-11/06/09 = CP //
    BFP#3-02/27/10=DS born 11-1-10

• image MamaMehl:

I have to disagree.  Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something -- finances, work, etc.  I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year. 

Well, I guess that's where your priorities are then.  Sure, there are certain times of the year where it would definitely be more convenient to have the baby.  I don't deny that.  But if you are TTC for a very long time, you might start shifting around your priorities and welcome it at any time, period. 

image image image
  • image MamaMehl:

image Savat:

I have to disagree.? Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something --?finances, work, etc.? I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year.?

well okay then. ::snickers::?