3rd Trimester

Anyone else tired of the "big baby" and early induction posts?

Re: Anyone else tired of the "big baby" and early induction posts?

• No, it's not just you.  I've started keeping my mouth shut unless it's a WWYD type of post to go along with it b/c I just want to go off way too much. 
  • Nope, not just you.  Well, I'm not "tired" of them so much as I am disheartened that this seems so common.
  • Not just you.  I just don't open them anymore.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    Wondering why my tickers don't match? Check out my breastfeeding story here
  • Well I am wary of being induced because the baby is too big. ?My friend was induced Monday on her due date because the baby was SO big that she would need a c-section if she waited any longer. ?The baby ended up being 6 lbs 13 oz. ?Tiny!

Luckily it went VERY smoothly and she didn't even need the pitocin (just the gel). ?I would never have told her my opinion, because I have never been there, but I was really scared she was going to end up with a c-section.?

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • image JCM083009:
    No, it's not just you.  I've started keeping my mouth shut unless it's a WWYD type of post to go along with it b/c I just want to go off way too much. 

lol  This.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Please do not flame me, I understand where you are coming from but I also see the other side. Several weeks back my doctor was talking about a big baby (too big for me to deliver) and possible induction. He has since backed off of that and thinks the predictions were wrong. But when you get told that it is scary and I think some people are just looking for some support.

• image firsttimemama:
    Not just you.  I just don't open them anymore.

This.

• YES but like pp said its more that so many docs are "scaring" pg ladies into going this route.

• You have read my mind....so tired of them.  I makes me feel sad/mad/sorry for some people that just seem clueless about birth, their options and so on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Cella_24:

Please do not flame me, I understand where you are coming from but I also see the other side. Several weeks back my doctor was talking about a big baby (too big for me to deliver) and possible induction. He has since backed off of that and thinks the predictions were wrong. But when you get told that it is scary and I think some people are just looking for some support.

I completely understand that - but this is why I think it's so important for people to educate themselves OUTSIDE of what they hear from their OB.

• I am more tired of the posts asking what they should do about family in the delivery room or at the hospital.  Not to be crude, but some of the women on here need to grow a pair.
    imakeeff0rtsMrsLaurenAsh
  • image Cella_24:

Please do not flame me, I understand where you are coming from but I also see the other side. Several weeks back my doctor was talking about a big baby (too big for me to deliver) and possible induction. He has since backed off of that and thinks the predictions were wrong. But when you get told that it is scary and I think some people are just looking for some support.

This. Don't get me wrong.. it's annoying to see SO many posts about the same thing. But when I was told baby gained 1.5 lbs in a week... it freaked me out! So yea, I think it would make anyone nervous and they're just coming here to vent.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ToledoDeux:
    image Cella_24:

I completely understand that - but this is why I think it's so important for people to educate themselves OUTSIDE of what they hear from their OB.

Yes

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
    imakeeff0rts
  • I want to stress that I have no issue with the pregnant women posting for support. ?I would be upset too, if my OB told me I had a big baby and had to be induced. ?

I am irked that the growth scans are notoriously off and doctors still rely on them to determine if a baby should come before it is ready.?

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
    zenjenjen
  • image PuppyMommy:
    I am more tired of the posts asking what they should do about family in the delivery room or at the hospital.  Not to be crude, but some of the women on here need to grow a pair.

LOL... that's true too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    Wondering why my tickers don't match? Check out my breastfeeding story here
  • image PuppyMommy:
    I am more tired of the posts asking what they should do about family in the delivery room or at the hospital.  Not to be crude, but some of the women on here need to grow a pair.

Nice. And well stated.

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • Please do not flame me, I understand where you are coming from but I also see the other side. Several weeks back my doctor was talking about a big baby (too big for me to deliver) and possible induction. He has since backed off of that and thinks the predictions were wrong. But when you get told that it is scary and I think some people are just looking for some support

I agree - that's what happened to me and it's a little scary when you're told the baby is 10 lbs and you're only 5' 2" and 115 lbs on a bad day!

• image janice74:

I want to stress that I have no issue with the pregnant women posting for support.  I would be upset too, if my OB told me I had a big baby and had to be induced.  

I am irked that the growth scans are notoriously off and doctors still rely on them to determine if a baby should come before it is ready. 

This.  I'm most bothered that drs intimidate and frighten women into medical interventions they my not truly need.  And this is coming from a woman who actually had two macrosomic babies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ToledoDeux:
    Nope, not just you.  Well, I'm not "tired" of them so much as I am disheartened that this seems so common.

This for me too.  I don't get "tired" of the same old posts b/c I understand that there are those who post/lurk who aren't on all that much and I really don't care about seeing the same posts over and over.  It doesn't bother me like it does some, but just that subject matter is disheartening to me. 

• image janice74:

I want to stress that I have no issue with the pregnant women posting for support.  I would be upset too, if my OB told me I had a big baby and had to be induced.  

I am irked that the growth scans are notoriously off and doctors still rely on them to determine if a baby should come before it is ready. 

This

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image PuppyMommy:

Amen to this!

• This is my pet peeve recently. 
    imageimage

• image PuppyMommy:

LOL Yeah, those are always funny to me.  How am *I* supposed to tell you what you should do in such an intimate and amazing situation? Everyone is going to want and need different things when it comes to stuff like that.

imakeeff0rtsranaverde
  • image janice74:

Yes

• I guess I see both sides.  I can see why some would be annoyed that there have been multiple posts about the same topic that last few days. Afterall, a bit of lurking and most woman could have found the answer to their question.   At the same time, I'm getting really sick of same responses from the same women that assume that any woman that decides to have a c-section or induction due to baby's size are seen as naive or ignorant of their birth choices.  I've educated myself on my choices, and with that education and my doctor's advice I choose to have a c-section due to my baby's estimated weight and head measurements.  There are risks to vaginally delivering a baby that is too big, and some women that haven't educated themselves on that part of the decision making process are really quick to judge those that choose to go the medical intervention route. 

heaven22tw
  • image sugrfrejaz:

YES but like pp said its more that so many docs are "scaring" pg ladies into going this route.

My doctor didn't scare me into anything, and if I thought he was I would have switched doctors asap.  Not all doctors are bad guys trying to push unneeded medical interventions on women. 

JocelynB0911
  • the women who post them arnt comming on to brag r anything usually they just want to know who else had been through this and if it is ok for baby ect. most people trust their doctors when it comes to something about your baby and everything going on with their body  especially if it is their first and they are scared of what is to come . everyone needs to just vent and have someone to give them advice .
  • image ctab:

I guess I see both sides.  I can see why some would be annoyed that there have been multiple posts about the same topic that last few days. Afterall, a bit of lurking and most woman could have found the answer to their question.   At the same time, I'm getting really sick of same responses from the same women that assume that any woman that decides to have a c-section or induction due to baby's size are seen as naive or ignorant of their birth choices.  I've educated myself on my choices, and with that education and my doctor's advice I choose to have a c-section due to my baby's estimated weight and head measurements.  There are risks to vaginally delivering a baby that is too big, and some women that haven't educated themselves on that part of the decision making process are really quick to judge those that choose to go the medical intervention route. 

LOL.  I assume I am one of those "same women." 

Look, when a woman makes a post about this that makes it obvious she knows little more about it than what her doctor has told her, why wouldn't someone respond the same way they have to every other separate post on the same topic?  Doctors can be wrong, small women can and do deliver big babies (often without tears or episiotomies), and no one should feel rushed into c-section or delivering their baby early for suspected macrosomia.  I happen to think it's important that women know this before they just sign on to whatever OB has told them.

And ahem.  There is no way to tell if a baby is too big to be delivered vaginally beforehand. This is the point.

• I dont read the induction ones anymore, but I enjoy the big baby ones. It makes me feel like I am not the only one giving birth to a gargantuan.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • image ToledoDeux:
    image ctab:

I guess I see both sides.  I can see why some would be annoyed that there have been multiple posts about the same topic that last few days. Afterall, a bit of lurking and most woman could have found the answer to their question.   At the same time, I'm getting really sick of same responses from the same women that assume that any woman that decides to have a c-section or induction due to baby's size are seen as naive or ignorant of their birth choices.  I've educated myself on my choices, and with that education and my doctor's advice I choose to have a c-section due to my baby's estimated weight and head measurements.  There are risks to vaginally delivering a baby that is too big, and some women that haven't educated themselves on that part of the decision making process are really quick to judge those that choose to go the medical intervention route. 

LOL.  I assume I am one of those "same women." 

Look, when a woman makes a post about this that makes it obvious she knows little more about it than what her doctor has told her, why wouldn't someone respond the same way they have to every other separate post on the same topic?  Doctors can be wrong, small women can and do deliver big babies (often without tears or episiotomies), and no one should feel rushed into c-section or delivering their baby early for suspected macrosomia.  I happen to think it's important that women know this before they just sign on to whatever OB has told them.

And ahem.  There is no way to tell if a baby is too big to be delivered vaginally beforehand. This is the point.

Yes 

imageimage