1st Trimester
Options

Pay to attend baby shower?

2»

Re: Pay to attend baby shower?

• Options

imageCapitolBaby:
    That is WRONG.  Sooooooo wrong.  If the hostess couldn't afford the banquet hall, she should have chosen an affordable venue.

Ditto. Or co-hosted to split the costs if money was an issue.

• Options
    very tacky...you dont ask somebody to pay to attend your shower, they're already giving you a gift
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tacky as hell...
  • Options
    Not just you, that is very tacky.  I've never heard of this before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Tacky and just dumb.  If you couldn't afford to host then why volunteer?  Or go in with 2-3 other people and throw a joined party.  I agree with a couple other ladies on here, RSVP yes and keep your money. 
  • Options
    that is just lame
  • Options
    Wow that is incredibly tacky
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Options
    Hell No!  Very tacky.  I've never heard of that and would not go in spite of paying $20.  I wonder if the person they are having the shower for knows about this. 
  • Options

imageToesnthesandBride07:
    No, the mom to be and I are NOT close. She married one of my DH's good friends. Plus, her sister is the host so she knows about the "fee"! Plus, I live over an hour away. The shower is in Miami and I am in WPB. I think I will just send a gift. 

Wow, ok, then in that case, I would RSVP with a big fat no AND I wouldn't even send a gift!

• Options

Uh, the word "tacky" doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Options
    Tacky with a capital T.  It's one thing if you offered to help throw the shower, it's another if they're asking all guests to pay.
  • Options
    Super tacky!!  I've never heard of such a thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is incredibly tacky.
  • Options

Don't go and send the girl a gift!

My friends MIL tried to make the bridesmaids pay for the bridal shower she was hosting. She told us $20 and then it was $40 by the time we showed up. And me showing up required a 3 hour car ride, one way. My friend Chelsea and I bolted asap after the shower to avoid her and the ridiculous amount of money.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I do not think I will be going.  I am sure they could have found something cheaper that they could afford.  My friends are throwing me one, and they have no money, so they are going to have it at my house (for FREE)!
    bfp #1 - complete m/c 7 weeks 5 days (Mason)
    bfp #2 - missed m/c 7 weeks 6 days (Madison)
    bfp #3 - missed m/c 7 weeks 4 days (Madilon)
    bfp #4 - Payton!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Def tacky!  Get a gift card for them, mail it, and be done.
  • Options
    OMG... someone on SAL had a 'friend' who sent out this exact type of invite... she was mortified, and justly so. I think it's tacky, but alot of tacky things are done!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

agree w/everyone else.  don't go, its lame, tacky.

and just weird.

• Options
    That is so ridiculous.  Tacky!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh tacky!!!  If it were me I would spend $20 less on the gift, the poor girl having the shower!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree... I am sure it would have been just as ameaningful at someones house... it's not PC to ask guests to "pay " to attend something they are bringing gifts to... yikes!
  • Options

That is a little over the top. If you are going to throw a shower at a nice place, they should realize that they will have to pay for it. I didn't charge for the shower I threw and just concidered it my gift to my friend.

• Options
    No way! I would call the hostess and let her know why I won't be attending. I may also suggest that she host it in her home and offer cake and snacks if she doesn't get many RSVP's. To me, a cheap home shower is a perfectly acceptable shower. The guests don't care what they are eating or where they are at. They are there to support a friend and shower her with gifts!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never heard of such a thing. ?I would not be attending that shower!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"