Washington Babies
Options

Holistic Pediatrician Recommendation??

I'd prefer in the So. King County area but I'm willing to go into Seattle or Bellevue for a good referal.

I'm a crazy, no red dye, no immunization, no sugar, organic as much as possible, type mom. I would like to find a really good pediatrician before my next baby comes.

Recommendations? Thoughts? (Be gentle)

Re: Holistic Pediatrician Recommendation??

• Options

I don't know if they're crunchy enough for what you're looking for, but I love our pediatrician.  They discuss holistic remedies before traditional western meds (dd has never had an antibiotic), leave vaccine decisions up to the parents (but are willing to talk through the pros/cons) and are very supportive of things like cosleeping and extended breastfeeding.

They may be farther north than you're interested in going.  They're near Northgage/Lake City

KidsClinic

https://thekidsclinic.us/

Dr. Carol Doroshow

• Options
    I just had a meet-n-greet with Gabby the naturopath at the Kids Clinic.  I thought she was fantastic.  We will probably use traditional medicine for much of our son's care, but I came away with the impression that they are supportive and educated on all types of care.  They definitely seem supportive of any vaccination choices you want to make. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ps.  we're always gentle over here!  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't have a rec, but I have to say that I love your boom box ticker!
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

imagegreenmtbride:
    I just had a meet-n-greet with Gabby the naturopath at the Kids Clinic.  I thought she was fantastic.  We will probably use traditional medicine for much of our son's care, but I came away with the impression that they are supportive and educated on all types of care.  They definitely seem supportive of any vaccination choices you want to make. 

Absolutely LOVE Gabby!  Haven't seen her since she's been back from maternity leave.  They are definitely educated in all types of care and they are very good at partnering with the philosophy of the parents.  I have a friend who goes there as well and is a bit less holistic in her approach than MH and I.  They also have Children's Hospital as their backup after hours which has been awesome for us and very easy to use.

• Options
    imagenykola:

I'm interested in hearing any recommendations as well.  I am SOOO not crunchy, but I have some strong thoughts on many of the vaccinations.  I have a very stong-willed and blunt husband who when given the chance, will go toe to toe with the facts w/ just about anyone. So I want to find a pedi who's supportive and who we won't have to fight with about things we've already made up our minds about.  But not TOOOO crunchy if you know what I mean.  Preferably, I need the pediatrician who eats meat -- bacon in particular. LOL j/k...sorta

I don't even know how one Google searches for that type of thing. It's one of the biggest things I'm worried about.

LOL!  I'm pretty sure Dr. Doroshow at least eats meat.  Maybe not bacon...  You should do a meet and great with them and see if you get a good impression.  I have gone into each appointment with an opinion on vaccines and never gotten push back.  Usually they gently ask if I want an opinion and they generally suggest me waiting on things that I planned on getting or switching up the order slightly.  As I said before, in a year, they've never suggested an antibiotic but tend to recommend gentler treatments first and than a follow up if there isn't improvement.  There are still some areas where they're not as crunchy as we are with our parenting.  For example, Dr. D suggested that we could start sleep training and should get DD out of our bed by 6 months.  That was not for us at all and I let that go in one ear and out the other.  Knowing our choice, they never give me any grief when I let them know that she still sleeps with us.   

• Options

imagejen_and_tom:
    imagenykola:

I'm interested in hearing any recommendations as well.  I am SOOO not crunchy, but I have some strong thoughts on many of the vaccinations.  I have a very stong-willed and blunt husband who when given the chance, will go toe to toe with the facts w/ just about anyone. So I want to find a pedi who's supportive and who we won't have to fight with about things we've already made up our minds about.  But not TOOOO crunchy if you know what I mean.  Preferably, I need the pediatrician who eats meat -- bacon in particular. LOL j/k...sorta

I don't even know how one Google searches for that type of thing. It's one of the biggest things I'm worried about.

LOL!  I'm pretty sure Dr. Doroshow at least eats meat.  Maybe not bacon...  You should do a meet and great with them and see if you get a good impression.  I have gone into each appointment with an opinion on vaccines and never gotten push back.  Usually they gently ask if I want an opinion and they generally suggest me waiting on things that I planned on getting or switching up the order slightly.  As I said before, in a year, they've never suggested an antibiotic but tend to recommend gentler treatments first and than a follow up if there isn't improvement.  There are still some areas where they're not as crunchy as we are with our parenting.  For example, Dr. D suggested that we could start sleep training and should get DD out of our bed by 6 months.  That was not for us at all and I let that go in one ear and out the other.  Knowing our choice, they never give me any grief when I let them know that she still sleeps with us.   

Thanks!  We will definitely check her out!! Forget bacon, I'll take meat-eating though!!

• Options

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. I may even just call over there and ask about an affiliate in my area.

(And thanks for the boom box props... It's the 80's rockstar in me!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"