Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

When did LO start responding to his/her name??

I feel like my son doesn't know he is Max. When we call him he looks, but not all the time. I don't know if he is just ignoring us or what. My sister (who is his nanny) says she is absolutely sure he knows his name.

I am not really that worried right now, but I will mention it at his 9 month appointment next week.I was reading that by 7 months old a child should react when you say their name.

When did you notice your child really responding to his or her name??

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "The sound of your heart - It's the most significant sound in my world." Edward Cullen - Eclipse

Re: When did LO start responding to his/her name??

• Options
    I am not sure, but I think it has only been in the past month. ?Before that I am pretty sure she was just turning because she heard our voices.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    DS started responding to his name between 6.5 and 7 months. It can be very sporadic though. Some days he'll turn every time we say it. Other days, he's so wrapped up in what he's doing that he won't acknowledge it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just this morning, he was playing with the door stopper, and I said "Charlie...." And he stopped and looked at me. And then I said "No." And he scooted away from the door stopper!

LOL! I couldn't believe it. However, like PSP said, it could just be that he is hearing my voice :)

• Options
    I've heard it's by a year?  My two started responding to their names around 6-7 months.  But, my DS does not respond to his name -- instead, he responds to his nicknames... ooops.
  • Options
    Ds is just barely starting to at 6.5 months. I had to make a real effort to stop using all of his goofy nicknames before he started noticing his real name. oops. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son started to do this pretty early I think because we noticed him turning when he called his name around christmas when he would've been like 5 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    5 months - but your child is now at a curious age/.  probably he understands it but it too distracted by all the stuff around to pay attention.  i wouldn't worry so long as the hearing seems ok
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"