D.C. Area Babies

Mood swings

I'm about 6 weeks along now with my 1st baby and I'm going thru terrible mood swings. I'm usually an even-tempered person but I just seem to flick off suddenly without warning. I'm trying to deal with it. I don't really like it but I can't help it. It usually happens at night around bedtime (usually my 2nd bedtime since I collapse at home right after work and wake up around 8pm) so that means my poor husband catches it. He deals with it by leaving the room. How can I keep the moodiness under control or is it possible?? I wasn't a Bridezilla and I don't want to become Pregzilla...

Re: Mood swings

• I was completely exhausted in my first trimester. I really didn't even have the energy to have a conversation when I got home from work, so I'm sure I was moody. You will feel better soon, don't worry. Around 15 weeks I felt great- better than I did pre-pregnancy!
  • Ditto pp. Just listen to your body and sleep. I started to feel human again around week 14.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i was crying at West Wing reruns. It gets better!
  • My first pregnancy I was terrible with the mood swings and I wouldn't even realize it most times.  Since I wasn't even aware how nitpicky and b*thcy I was being it was hard to regulate.  The good news is the second time I was pregnant I was much better - still weepy and moody but much more pleasant to be around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"