Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Change in discharge smell post-implantation?

Has anyone ever heard of this?

I'm approximately 7dpo and yesterday I noticed that my discharge (it's a normal amount) smells different.  I mean, it's not a BAD smell, just different.  Kind of hard to explain.  Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of this and maybe it indicates implantation?  Or maybe it's all in my head.  That too.  You know how during the 2ww EVERYTHING could be turned into a possible symptom of early pregnancy ;)

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
*My Blog*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
10/50 Read

my read shelf:
Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Change in discharge smell post-implantation?

• Options

Smelly CM = implantation?  Indifferent

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagebbjoys:

Ditto.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think even if that were the case...it's rediculous to even consider it.  That's really stretching for a BFP symptom.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im speechless.
  • Options
    ick
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Heck, I turn things that are early in my cycle into could get pregnant this cycle symptoms! 

• Options

Oh, I agree it's stretching, but this is the first month that I've noticed any change.  And after 10 months of trying I feel like I try to turn every bathroom break in to frequent urination, or try to gauge all the time if my BBs are sore, even a little bit, etc., etc.  I just wondered if this meant anything.  I'm guessing no...

And not smelly, just different than usual!  :)

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    imagealways2busy:

Heck, I turn things that are early in my cycle into could get pregnant this cycle symptoms! 

Yes, this!

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • Options

Annnd, FAIL at trying to read this as a sign of implantation.

Back to the 2ww with fingers crossed. 

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • Options

imageM.Monkey.:

LOL, so cute! 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagesbevmc09:

Annnd, FAIL at trying to read this as a sign of implantation.

Back to the 2ww with fingers crossed. 

Hahahaha.  It was def. the first original one I've heard in a while.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I never ever smelled my CM...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options

imageM.Monkey.:

The little kitty made me smile! 

• Options
    vom(l)
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

me either!!!

• Options
    Try eating less acidic foods and drinking more water.  Oh, and keep a safe distance from your underwear Tongue Tied
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebbjoys:

this is a new symptom for me to look forward to! wow! thanks! I'll be sure to smell my CM from now on to see if implantation has occured!Indifferent

• Options
    imageaubie96:

imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

me either!!!

ditto this
  • Options

imageccbanana:
    Try eating less acidic foods and drinking more water.  Oh, and keep a safe distance from your underwear Tongue Tied

This 

• Options

All I can say is...

• Options
    imageJennlovesAustin:

All I can say is...

LMAO
  • Options
    imageJennlovesAustin:

All I can say is...

This is hilarious! 

• Options
    imageajroemisch:
    imagebbjoys:

this is a new symptom for me to look forward to! wow! thanks! I'll be sure to smell my CM from now on to see if implantation has occured!Indifferent

LOL

• Options

imageccbanana:

This!  CM is like any other bodily secretion, if you have a sensative enough nose, or smelly enough secretion, it has an odor.  Especially if you are eating a lot of certain foods (i.e. garlic) or taking certain meds (i.e. guiafenasin).  Sometimes something as simple as a pH change can make your CM a different odor.

But as a pg symptom?  Never heard that one before! Wink  But I'm willing to say there is a very slim possibilty that implantation could alter your secretions enough to change the odor if you have a sensitive enough nose.  I guess you'll have to wait another week or so before you know for sure. Wink

And before anyone jumps in and flames, the only reason I'm giving this a very slim chance is b/c I am one of those peeps with a very sensitive nose.  In my nearly 10 years in nursing, I've smelt a lot of things other people couldn't, and plenty I wish I hadn't! Wink

GL!

• Options
    imageJoyous1106:

imageccbanana:

This!  CM is like any other bodily secretion, if you have a sensative enough nose, or smelly enough secretion, it has an odor.  Especially if you are eating a lot of certain foods (i.e. garlic) or taking certain meds (i.e. guiafenasin).  Sometimes something as simple as a pH change can make your CM a different odor.

But as a pg symptom?  Never heard that one before! Wink  But I'm willing to say there is a very slim possibilty that implantation could alter your secretions enough to change the odor if you have a sensitive enough nose.  I guess you'll have to wait another week or so before you know for sure. Wink

And before anyone jumps in and flames, the only reason I'm giving this a very slim chance is b/c I am one of those peeps with a very sensitive nose.  In my nearly 10 years in nursing, I've smelt a lot of things other people couldn't, and plenty I wish I hadn't! Wink

GL!

Thanks for the advice.  I think I'll just ignore it for now and see how things go in the next week or so.  The reason I'm questioning it in the first place if my CF doesn't usually have any smell, and now it seems to have a little bit of one.  It could be a pH change... I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be in the last week or so.  I didn't think of that possibly having an impact.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • Options
    MSC03MSC03 member

My CM smells like candy.

Oh wait...

*pulls Gummy Bears out of vagina*

imageimage
  • Options
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

My CM smells like candy.

Oh wait...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa

• Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    imageCathyMD:
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

My CM smells like candy.

Oh wait...

Want some Swedish Fish? I think I have some up there too. Oh wait, that's the other hole...

imageimage
  • Options
    imageMrsSummitCounty:
    imageCathyMD:
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

My CM smells like candy.

Oh wait...

Want some Swedish Fish? I think I have some up there too. Oh wait, that's the other hole...

::Dies::

• Options

MSC, That's just wrong. I can never eat swedish fish again.

• Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    imageM.Monkey.:

MSC, That's just wrong. I can never eat swedish fish again.

I have to admit, I'm snickering out loud at my desk. I know you're not supposed to laugh at your own jokes, but seriously? What would one's vagina smell like (except... you know... vagina?)

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"