Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

No health insurance HELP??

So my husband and I are BOTH unemployed !!! My baby has government insurnce (NJ Kid First). Good new is that I got a job, I start monday buit it's temp to perm so the agency has NO insurance and since I have a job now and making $$$ , the baby wont be able to keep her insurance, I also need insurance for my annual check up. Dose anyone know what I can do in my situation, where I can contact ?

TIA

Re: No health insurance HELP??

• Options
    Several insurance companies offer individual plans you can buy on your own. DD is one one through Kaiser Permanente, but I think Blue Cross Blue Shield and United Healthcare offer them too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am not sure your states rules but in Mich even if you are emplyed your child should qualify for state ins. , sometimes you might pay a small monthy fee but not much.  I hope your state does the same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you have a CHIP program in your state for your child?  I don't know the details on it but that might help.

In regards to you, could you just get a major medical plan for true emergencies?  We are privately insured with BCBS...we have a high deductible but are covered (even that is a fortune). 

• Options

You won't be making little enough $$ to keep her on?  I'm not sure how the NJ Kid First thing works.  As for you, can you get emergency coverage for yourself?  Bare bones, will only cover you in an emergency, and then pay for your check up out of pocket?  It would be cheaper to pay for it out of pocket than to get all-inclusive coverage.  This, of course, is all the bare bones I'd get, and if you CAN afford to insure yourself with good coverage privately, look into it!

If you need a place to call, call your car/home insurance agent...I'm sure they can help you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    ditto the CHIP option.  you can be employed, but make below a certain amount.  also, any local BC/BS should have a policy for you guys.
  • Options

Are you sure the baby won't continue to be insured?  I'm thinking that maybe there's a minimum amount that you can earn and still keep the state aid???

For you, I'd check into Planned Parenthood  - they'll work with you on a sliding scale.

• Options

From the NJ Family Care website, you might still qualify but might have to pay a premium:

What if my family makes too much money to qualify for NJ FamilyCare?
    Parents at higher income levels can purchase health insurance for their children at reasonable rates through the NJ FamilyCare ADVANTAGE program administered by Horizon NJ Health if they qualify. The cost is $143 per month for one child; $286 per month for two children; and $429 per month for three or more children. To learn more, please visit https://www.horizonnjhealth.com/members/advantage.html or call 1-800-637-2997.

Other insurance?
    Applicants will be eligible for NJ FamilyCare only if they have been uninsured for a period of three months or more. However, there are exceptions to this rule, such as if you lost your insurance because your place of work went out of business or you were laid off. Depending on income, other exceptions may apply for families privately paying for health insurance or for COBRA benefits. Call 1-800-701-0710 and speak with a Health Benefits Coordinator to find out if any exceptions apply to you.

• Options

imageauburnbride2be:
    Several insurance companies offer individual plans you can buy on your own. DD is one one through Kaiser Permanente, but I think Blue Cross Blue Shield and United Healthcare offer them too.

ditto this.  You don't have to go through a company to have insurance.  We have our own through blue cross blue shield and it's better than what we would have gotten through DH's company

DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"