1st Trimester

do you feel like you are more absent minded?

I keep making silly little mistakes at work today. I am a teacher, which makes it quite funny because the kids and I can laugh together. I called the children by the wrong names, I actually counted 10, 20, 30, 50, 60, 70 without realizing I had skipped 40 until my assistant pointed it out. I am usually NEVER like that.

anyone else?

Re: do you feel like you are more absent minded?

• YES!!!!!  I've been a total space case lately.  I think it's a mixture of pg hormones and preoccupation.  Yesterday, I actually got lost driving home from work.  How sad is that!
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • I am a teacher as well and last week was our last week of school. I am now officially on summer vacation until August 10th! YAY!

Anyway, the last week of school I started calling all of my kids the wrong name. I even called one a made up name, his name is Romeo and I called him Ramoneo. The kids thought that was pretty funny. What's annoying is talking to someone and in the middle of what I am saying I will forget the word I am trying to use. A couple of times I have walked up to people to tell them something specific, but when they ask me what's up, I look at them with a blank stare and can't remember what I was going to say. Yeah, it's annoying!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yep one of the ways i knew i was pg!   i arranged mother's day flowers to be delivered on the wrong weekend!   i forget stuff-call kids wrong names at work.   it doesn't get better-i think it just preps us for running on little sleep and chasing toddlers and perhaps even for having teens so we can forget how much they "love" us :)
  • I have one more

I was freaking out over the weekend because I had a $14 staples teacher reward coupon and it says expiration date 6/30. I got so mad at myself for the whole morning on Sunday thinking that I did not use it before the date. I got to the store, asked for a favor to use the reward coupon, walked away, and then realized it was still May and not June. 

• haha yes I can definately say that i am way more absent minded now that I am pg. Completely forgetting what i was saying in the middle of sentences and being easily distracted.
  • epphdepphd member
    Yes; can't tell if I'm out of it or just preoccupied.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Me too! ?It's ridiculous. ?I can't remember what I'm in the middle of doing... ?ready for that to go away!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Def!  I don't know what's going on really at work, sad.  I tested the weekend after Easter.  I was cooking for Easter and had to go to the store FOUR times to get things I kept forgetting.
  • YES!!!!! Poor DH... it always happens when i'm in the store and he asks me to get something for him. ?I keep getting the wrong things lol
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am glad it's not just me.

How did you get the square icon due in Jan or due in Dec with your signature?

thank you

• Yes! Its ridiculous!!
  • I also work in a school as a learning consultant and the teachers I work with must think I am crazy.  I am lucky I remember my name some days.  Someone will call me to see if I have an answer to a question they asked and I can't even remember them asking me anything.  I have to write everything down right now.  I was never like this either.  I am one of those people that if you asked me what day of the week it will be on a specific date in 3 months, I could tell you.  Now I can't even remember what day of the week it is!  So funny!
  • I was going to say no until I remembered that I forgot to pay the mortgage.  And the phone bill.

Awesome.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

My Blog

• I love these stories.

My assistant is one of the few people who I am pregnant at work. I am glad she knows, otherwise she is going to think there is something majorly wrong with me

• I left my packed lunch by the door at home yesterday...and I was so bummed because I really wanted it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Yup!!! Today I actually had an entire conversation I was going to tell my DH and when I went to call him and he asked me what's up I completed went blank. I still cant remember that "important" thing I was going to tell him! LOL
  • ::raises hand::
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageixoshortyoxi:
    haha yes I can definately say that i am way more absent minded now that I am pg. Completely forgetting what i was saying in the middle of sentences and being easily distracted.

Ditto! :)

• I stopped at a green light and didn't realize it was green until I noticed that it turned yellow. Oops.
    Our Becker Blog Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, I have no memory these days! DH is always asking me, "do you remember this?" and I always have to say "no." I have no idea where my brain is these days. I hope it comes back soon.

• Yes, but I think it's just because I'm a teacher, too, and I only have 3 more days of school before I can catch up on some sleep!
  • Yes!  Post-its have become my new best friend.
  • Yup.  I have been VERY absentminded this time around. 
  • More like stupid!

I went to the dry cleaners yesterday, paid for my freshly cleaned clothes and walked out. I left them hanging there and did'nt realize until I got home! Duh!

• I wasn't having problems until leaving my dr's office yesterday. On the way home I ran a stop sign that I KNOW is there, dont worry I realized it right before and saw that there were no cars coming, I just felt it was better then slamming on the brakes. Then I sat at a green light after the row of cars in front of me had already gone. My husband offered to drive after that, it was bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"