Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Productive day

So today might have been the best day so far, post m/c.  I actually got outside and got something accomplished.  My poor DH had started a landscaping project (at my request) on the very day that we had to go to the ER for the m/c.  Needless to say, I have not been able to help him for a week and the project has been strewn all over the front lawn.  We finally got up early today and finished our project.  I might have worked harder that I should have - lifting heavy bags of soil, etc. - because I feel a little bit of pain in my lower abdomen now.  But I just couldn't help it.  It felt so good just to get out there and do something.  I was actually able to enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful day that we had. 

Just wanted to write something nice for a change.  Good night ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Productive day

• Options
    I pruned rose bushes and I agree, it felt good to do something!
  • Options
    It is good that you had a productive day today.  I really treasure the time that I spend with my husband--even cleaning our apartment or watching TV together--(MTV music awards were on tonight--Go Twilight!!!).  It is going to be nice to spend time with him this summer--going for walks in the park or getting a Jamba Juice (smoothies). 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you had a good and productive day. 
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options

It's amazing how much better you feel when you've returned to "normal" activities.  I had let the garden go.  Now, those weed know who is boss again.  I had left the house cleaning to my DH.  Last night, I felt the sweet appreciation of victory of having made and cleaned up from supper, of doing something normal.

It's worth it isn't it?  Even if I over did it and my body aches - it doesn't ache because of the m/c.  It aches because I did something normal.  And it's a good, comforting ache.

Lucas Arlo - 2/26/10, Cordelia Jane - 1/20/12 
    #3 is due 8/27/14

imageimage
  • Options

yeay for productivity! i know yesterday i was throwing a pity party for myself and then got tired of it and decided to actually DO something around the house... i wasn't comfortable laying down or sitting, so i might as well be uncomfortable taking my dog for a walk and running errands!

i'm glad to hear about your good day... here's to many more!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"