The Eco-Friendly Family

kind of disappointed in an etsy transaction

i had done an alchemy post...i don't want to give a lot of details on the exact transaction. someone gave a great bid, was wonderful to work with, turned the project around lickety split, and was overall great.

and i put the finished products in the closet.

and the next morning when dh went to dress evan, he found an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. (i have a poor sense of smell--i smell things if i am right up in them, but not just taking stuff out of a package)

so then i smelled some of hte items--yup, reeked of smoke.

so this morning i told the nanny she might want to check out his closet and see what needs to be washed, due to the smoke smell. i just talked to her. she washed nearly EVERYTHING.

i didn't even think to ask if it was a smoke-free house. i mean, who smokes these days? 

:(

i already left good feedback, but am not sure if i should convo this person to tell her about the smoke smell issue. the transaction is over, you know? but i am really kind of annoyed (in spite of everything else going well--like i said she made a great bid and turned it around the next morning and she did a good job other than the smell)

Re: kind of disappointed in an etsy transaction

• Is this what I think it is?  What a HUGE bummer! 

Tongue Tied 

• piveypivey member

It may not be the seller. I used to get a TON of packages at work - from messenger to every kind of service. A LOT of those drivers smoke and our stuff and place would totally reek because of it. It was awful - I woudl have to take clients stuff out of boxes I would never have to unpack otherwise, air it out, clean it, whatever, repack and hope, hope, hope for the best.

Sorry you had that happen!

• glad:

it is NOT what you think it is.

that project is still underway. :)

• Ahhhhh -- good.  I thought that was pretty fast! 
  • Huge bummer but I would let the vendor know that this might keep you from purchasing things later.  I would want to know if I had a business.  Constructive criticism is good.
  • image pivey:

It may not be the seller. I used to get a TON of packages at work - from messenger to every kind of service. A LOT of those drivers smoke and our stuff and place would totally reek because of it. It was awful - I woudl have to take clients stuff out of boxes I would never have to unpack otherwise, air it out, clean it, whatever, repack and hope, hope, hope for the best.

Sorry you had that happen!

^^ This. The post office has no rules about smoking on the job - well I think they're not aloud to smoke while they walk around but in the truck is completely acceptable.  It's entirely possible that it had nothing to do with the seller. You might still mention it if you think it was her and want her to know that you had a problem.

imageimage

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• ok. i wrote what i hope is a very polite note to the person, stating that the items arrived smelling of smoke, and that i realize it could have come from the mail carrier rather than from her home, but that if she does have a smoker in her home, perhaps she should disclose that for future transactions...

i hope it was polite.

• "i mean, who smokes these days?" Really? Millions and millions of people.

Sorry this happened to you. You were right to tell her, and it is something she should be aware of in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards