3rd Trimester

I had my baby - Scarey experience

On Friday I was having contractions, nothing consitent, they were so sporadic throughout the day. When I got home from work, they got worse, I called the doctor and they said to come in to L&D. On my way to the hospital, my water broke as we were going down the steps. The contractions got worse. When we got in the car, I felt something fall out between my legs. I was wearing a skirt. I stuck my finger down there and it felt slimy, so I thought it was my mucus plug (never seen my mucus plug before). I felt at it a little with a napkin and realized that it wasn't hard. It was my umbilical cord. The hospital is about 20 minutes from our house. My husband weaved through the highway quickly. When we got to the hospital, I showed the nurse in the lobby what was going on, and they wheeled me to the L&D and a stat team came and I was pushed into an emergency c section. The nurse shoved the umbilical cord back in and held it there while they prepped me for surgery. Two hours later, I awoke and asked to see my baby. She was on her way out to another hospital that specialized in a technique for baby's who lost oxygen during birth. I saw her for about one minute in the incubator, while I was on the bed, and they wheeled her out. I was in the hospital for four days, while she was at another hospital. I was released yesterday and got to visit her and touch her for the first time. They say she is progressing well, and they will take her off the tubes today to see how she is doing. I will post a pic later. I just wanted to let you ladies know that Eden Ryan has been born. She's 7llbs 1 oz.It's a difficult experience for me, because I'm feeling a little guilty about not going to the hospital sooner, or not reacting to the umbilical cord falling out properly. I don't know what I could have done differently. But if you are the praying kind, we appreciate your prayers. Thanks ladies, and good luck to you all!

Re: I had my baby - Scarey experience

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards