2nd Trimester
Options

Is there anything you are dreading?

I don't mean to sound negative, because there will be a lot of things that make it all worth while.....

But what are you dreading once your LO arrives?? 

Me = Poopy diapers.  There will millions of them, and I absolutely DREAD it.

Re: Is there anything you are dreading?

• Options
    The projectile vomitting... I don't mind formula/milk spit up, but when they start eating food it's NASTY!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The first few weeks of BF  :S 
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    no sleep and annoying relatives trying to tell me what/how to do things
  • Options
    t.birdt.bird member
    vomit. i hate vomit & snot.
  • Options

Besides lack of sleep (I'm sure that when the LO wakes up, R will wake up also....good times!), I'm actually dreading the recovery.  Last time was pretty uncomfortable (I had a second degree tear).  I'm really just hoping for a better recovery...it makes dealing with everything else so much harder when you are in pain yourself.

• Options

Late nights for me and for DH he says the thought of her growing up and not being his little girl anymore makes him sad!

• Options
    No sleep and having to deal with a sick baby when and if that time comes. 
  • Options

The lack of sleep.

I just...don't function well without it.  I get nauseated, cranky, childish, etc.  I am terrified of exhaustion + pp hormones on top of it.

• Options
    I agree with briderx! Lack of sleep and breastfeeding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The anxiety that comes with having someone completely 100% reliant on me, as well as the fact that I will love this being more than I cam possibly imagine.

And, yes, the real-food vomit. I don't do well with that.

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

The lack of sleep.

I just...don't function well without it.  I get nauseated, cranky, childish, etc.  I am terrified of exhaustion + pp hormones on top of it.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My "motherly instinct" not kicking in and me being totally lost on what to do and how to handle different situations.

• Options

imagecarimeli:
    no sleep and annoying relatives trying to tell me what/how to do things

This.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The whole thing terrifies me. Am i ready for this? Will I be a good mom? I hate puke, don't like cleaning up shiit, I need at least 6 hours sleep and I know that I won't be getting close to that. And pre-birth, I am terrified of needles so labor is going to be hard!!!
  • Options

I am dreading the hordes of in-laws that think they know the best way to raise a baby showing up and camping out at my house. MIL is already saying she plans on staying a month or so. AHHHHH

That and constantly worrying that LO is okay. (I am a big worrier)?

• Options
    fear of migraines from lack of sleep and LO crying
  • Options
    Honestly... I am pretty nervous about the weight loss. I have had trouble losing weight my entire life.. so I am very nervous about that.. I know it just will take hard work.. but ug.. Also= breast feeding. I feel totally stupid about this entire thing from storing to pumping to what to use when.. bottle storage.. bags, double pumping. when to pump..
  • Options
    ivs112ivs112 member

I have a vomit phobia. It completely grosses me out but I'll have to get used to it.

• Options
    All of the above, plus flabby/stretch-mark covered belly and the worries that I will never look the same again. Kinda scary.
  • Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

The lack of sleep.

I just...don't function well without it.? I get nauseated, cranky, childish, etc.? I am terrified of exhaustion + pp hormones on top of it.

This is totally me. ?I also dread the people around me... looking to see if I am loosing all the pregnancy weight if I am going to swing back to my old shape. ?

Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely lack of sleep! I'm not exactly Miss Sunshine if I don't get enough, I already feel bad for my hubby!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    the frosty winter with my boy! I hate it anyhow, and I can't imagine being so little in the cold.
  • Options

I'm worried about having to take care of the belly button thing where the placenta comes off and then it rots and falls of the baby.  That completely grosses me out.  I'm also worried about being supermom in gross situations like if my kid is scared of bugs and creepy crawlies and a gecco gets in the house and the kid freaks out and I have to deal with it.  I don't do creepy crawlies either. 

• Options
    I'm afraid, most of all, of feeling isolated.  That I'll have a newborn, in a small apartment, in the winter, and I'll be there by myself all day, everyday.  I have 3 good friends all having babies within a month of me, so hopefully that will help, but I worry that in the winter it will be hard for us to get out and to one another.  I already told my mom to get used to coming to visit.  :)
  • Options
    The end of the 2nd week when the sleep deprivation really sets in and figuring out how to deal with lack of sleep and a very active toddler.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The first weeks of breastfeeding, and generally worrying if I will just "get it" as far as baby care. 
    My "Irish twins" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

pPROM at 27 weeks, Birdy born at 28 weeks at 2lb 7oz.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    MrsJYMrsJY member

imagebutterfly1979:
    Definitely lack of sleep! I'm not exactly Miss Sunshine if I don't get enough, I already feel bad for my hubby!

This is me too! I also pray I don't get PPD!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Vomit. I hate vomit. Seeing, hearing or smelling vomit usually makes me vomit.

Spit up, fine, but when there's mass quantities...Ick! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lack of sleep and the constant worry/paranoia that I am sure I will experience regarding babies' health, safety, etc.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Definitely loss of sleep!!! I never go without my 8 hours.
  • Options
    paying for daycare!
  • Options

imageA.C.Soup!!!:
    The whole thing terrifies me. Am i ready for this? Will I be a good mom? I hate puke, don't like cleaning up shiit, I need at least 6 hours sleep and I know that I won't be getting close to that. And pre-birth, I am terrified of needles so labor is going to be hard!!!

This almost exactly. Except I think I'll be ok with puke and poop thanks to dealing with my dog Smile

• Options

The first 3 months.. if they're anything like they were with my colicky DD. More specifically, the no more then 30 minutes of sleep at a time and the inconsolable screaming/crying from 5pm to 2am, pretty much non-stop for the first 2.5 months. Yippee...

Though obviously everything else great about having a child makes up for all of that, otherwise I wouldn't be here again so early, and planned Wink

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

imageBearfootz:
    Lack of sleep and the constant worry/paranoia that I am sure I will experience regarding babies' health, safety, etc.

This.

And DH being grumpy b/c of lack of sleep. He can be a big baby and have temper tantrums of he gets overtired.

He gets 2 weeks off after DC arrives, but sometimes I wonder if I will be asking him to go back early! LOL!

• Options
    I'm not really dreading anything, but trying to prepare myself for lack of sleep. I'm making myself aware of the fact that I won't be getting any, but that it'll only last a short time and WTF cares when we get to hold our beautiful baby!!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"