3rd Trimester

due date vent .....

ok...... So i have been questioning my due date since they gave it to me and it still doesnt make sence. My last period was September 5th to the 13th and i havent had one since  but the doctor still put my due date for july 12.  When i went in and had my ultrasound at 27 weeks and 6 days the baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead. I asked the doctor if my dates were right and all he said was" Oh he is just a big baby " i am scared that i am further ahead and if something happens and i go in to labor they will try to stop it and it will actually be the right time ........   What would you do if you were in my postion ???

Re: due date vent .....

• just listen to the doctors. if you go into labor early then you go into labor early. no matter how hard they try to stop it, if it is truly time then you will have your baby.
  • The size estimates are just that....estimates.

A lot of times, when they say baby is big, it just means they caught the kiddo right after a growth spurt.

Don't worry.

• Loading the player...
  • JCMJCM member

Doctors don't usually stop labor after 37 weeks so if you go into labor 2 weeks early you should be okay.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Late ultrasounds are super innaccurate, so if you're basing your logic on a 28-week ultrasound, there's your problem. Early ultrasounds are the most accurate so I would base my logic on that instead. My baby had an EDD of May 30 based on my 8w2d ultrasound, yet measured May 24 at my 16w2d ultrasound. My EDD of May 31 is based on my LMP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My last period was September 27-October 3 and my due date is July 4th. 
    Big Brother Joey born 6/30/09 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would go by what the dr says. They arent trying to lie to you about your EDD. They asked you when was your last period was and then they looked at the wheel thing to figure out a EDD. My scan also told me that I was a week or so ahead but here I am still with no baby.
  • Honestly, that's kinda good. That means they won't be hounding you about induction too early.
  • stayceestaycee member

wow, you LMP was 6 weeks before mine, but we're only due 9 days apart?

how did they date that?

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • How long are your cycles?  My LMP began on September 25 and my original due date was July 2, but my cycle was about 32 days and my doctor changed my due date to July 8.  It is not unusual for baby to be measuring 2 weeks ahead.  Remember its just an estimate.  Unless you were charting and know when you ovulated, then I would just go with what your doctor says.  He/She wouldn't stop your labor after 37 weeks anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my last period was the sept 5th as well... but my due date is a month before yours.
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • not that this is SUPER accurate or even worth a dr's words.. but https://www.amazingpregnancy.com/duedate/index.html

if you put in Sept 5, 08 Friday june 12th is the EDD

Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"