3rd Trimester
Options

Suggestions on bringing on labor??

I am scheduled to be induced on the 14th, but would like to "go" on my own in hopes to avoid the pitocin that they automatically give you when getting induced...open to any suggestions! 
After years of trying, we were able to conceive our lovebug with the help of Clomid. Since then have tried to give her a sibling, 2 miscarriages, 1 d&c at 12 weeks.

Re: Suggestions on bringing on labor??

• Options

Sex. Lots of sex. And make sure he ... er ... uhm finishes inside you. Semen can soften the cervix.

Walking, walking, walking.

Red raspberry tea.

And I'd get your butt to a chiropractor ASAP. One who specializes in inducing labor. 

• Options
    i'm taking evening primrose oil to help soften the cervix, it doesn't induce labor, but definately helps prepare for it. also drinking red raspberry leaf tea which is supposed to help uterine contractions, more to strength the uterus than to actually induce, but it's supposed to be great to after the baby delivers to tighten back up as well.
    SAHM to DD (2007) DS (2009), DD (2012), loss #4 (Feb 2017 at 16 wks)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read that nipple stimulation also helps.  If you mimic suction on them its supposed to get your body thinking its time to breast feed.  Have your DH help with this, because if you could do it on your own I'd be impressed.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekates1976:
    I read that nipple stimulation also helps.  If you mimic suction on them its supposed to get your body thinking its time to breast feed.  Have your DH help with this, because if you could do it on your own I'd be impressed.  :)

That WOULD be impressive. You can also use a breast pump. LOL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"