1st Trimester
Options

Size 14+ girls...belly pic

Ok, so don't flame me for the hideous PIP, but it helps to illustrate my question.  Here I am at 5 weeks...the bad thing is, this is just a little bit of bloat.  It is mostly ALL my normal belly.  I am 5'4" and weigh about 180.  I would not say I am fat, just curvy (big boobs and but) and a little plump and lumpy.   So, my question is...because I am already this lumpy, does it mean that my pregnancy belly is going to be lumpy?  Will I even show? Or, will I have that belly fat roll down the middle of my pregnancy belly as well?  I think they need to invent a product that you can strap around you to "fill in" the lumpy parts.  Like a pregnancy wedge for your pre-pregnancy belly roll.    Ha ha.  That is my ridiculous pregnancy invention for the day.

For all of you size 14'ers out there...when did you start to show?  Did you show at all?  Did your lumpy belly stay with you the entire time?

Hopefully, this does not offend anyone, I am seriously curious about this stuff!  Work is slow and this is all I have to think about these days!

Re: Size 14+ girls...belly pic

• Options
    I give you kudos, cause I still won't post a pic of my bare belly.  I was a little smaller than you, but not by much.  You will definitely start to show, but everyone is diferent and just WHEN you will show is anyones guess.  I started showing very early, by about 10 weeks or so it was very noticeable.  I promise you though, you WILL show, and be absolutely adorable like every other pregnant belly out there!!!!  GL to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm a size 12, an inch shorter than you and about 10 lbs less. I started to show around 18 weeks with DD. No, you will not stay "lumpy" you're belly will start to get harder the more progress you make. I will give you this word of advice, if you don't already, get out and walk for at least 30 minutes each day. You're not doing it to loose weight or anything so don't power walk but don't stroll either. But being in shape will help when it's time to deliver!

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    stayceestaycee member

okay - I'll share mine with you.

I started out at 5'5" about 200.    I am a solid muscular person.  But was 30lbs above my ideal (set by my doc) when we got pg.

earliest pic I took was at 16w:

here's 26w in a loose shirt

and last Fri at 28 and a half weeks:

I really didn't start to show until between 20-22w.   I've also been well below on the average weight gain.   I'm up about 13 lbs right now from where I started at.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

You are the exact height and weight as me. In fact, you could be me with the big boobs and butt. This is my first pregnancy too so I can't help you out as far as how you may look. I assume I will start to show later because of the extra fat over the baby area. I'm positive we will look pregnant and not just lumpy. The fat should spread over the bump and get smoother.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

• Options
    you will definately get a nice baby belly.  it just takes a little longer to form.
  • Options
    EMTXEMTX member
    I would post this on 2nd and/or 3rd tri so your audience are people who are in the "showing" phase!

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 5'6" and 190lbs.  I wear a 16/18 most of the time.  I've already started to at least look KU and have had a few people notice.  It's just bloat but I can defiantely start to feel my intestines move up and fill everything out.  I broke down and bought some maternity stuff yesterday because my bellaband just isn't really cutting it anymore.  Soooo much more comfy.  My SIL that just had her baby is about the same size as me and she definately started showing around 16 weeks.
    Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • Options

I am much heavier than you but only one pant size higher.  I have been taking my measurements and as of yesterday my waist and lower abdomen is an inch bigger.  I know it is baby because I have lost weight since finding out I am pregnant.  *Not on purpose trust me.

I just figured since I am a chubby girl I will not start showing until later so I was surprised to see that things are already expanding that much.

• Options

That would be me at 11 weeks. I already had a belly, but the bloat is taking over rapidly. I started at a size 12/14, still am, just bloated!

11 weeks

http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Options
    I don't have a pic to share but glad you asked this question! I'm size 14 and 160 and have sever bloat now....I wanna see a bump!!
  • Options

Now, I'm tall....but I'm a size 14 & have quite a bit of fluff.

5 weeks:

10 weeks:

15 weeks:

18 weeks:

As you can see, when the belly came in it rounded out my pudge.  So it's actually much cuter than normal.  But it took awhile for that "dent" in the middle to go away & honestly, it's not all gone yet.

• Options
    oh hey, Blair is a cutie! Hopefully I'm half as cute when I'm that far along. Smile
    Trying again..
  • Options

I'm really happy you posted this. :-) Since the rest of you all shared, I will too. I got off the pill about 15ish lbs above my "happy" weight, then came another 15lbs over the 10 months we were trying. So when I got my BFP I was around 165ish  5'1"ish. My last appointment I think I had only put on like 5lbs total at 12 weeks but I think it was lunch/pee/bloat/boobs...because most of my clothes fit the same with the exception of my belly.

I probably looked exactly like your 6w picture and now I'm slightly rounder in the tummy. I also worried about the lumpiness part of it. :-) 

I'm glad to see we're not alone! I will not post a belly pic for a while yet...so eventually when it looks like a "belly" and not just my flubber...I will join everyone in showing off. :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    Oooh, should prob note that pre-preg, I was round, but my belly was fairly flat. So you can really see my bloat. Embarrassed
    Trying again..
  • Options

imagenicolebuchalla:
    oh hey, Blair is a cutie! Hopefully I'm half as cute when I'm that far along. Smile

lol, thanks.

I always manage to take them when I'm greasy.  Mostly because they're on Sunday after I've done housework Wink

• Options

I don't have any pics, but I am glad you posted this for all the non-skinny minnies out there.

And, if anyone gets offended, they need to suck it.

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

imagenicolebuchalla:

lol, thanks.

I always manage to take them when I'm greasy.  Mostly because they're on Sunday after I've done housework Wink

Yeah, I follow your blog so I've seen the pics before, but I never comment there for some reason! My "new week" day is Monday, so I always take it first thing when I get to work, so I always look like I'm about to fall on my face! No shame.

Trying again..
  • Options
    I am a fluffy person. I am 4'11 and started at about 140 lbs (my idea weight set by my doctor is 120 so I am about 20lbs over weight and this is after losing 30lbs in order to get pregnant). Anyway, I had rolls around my stomach and thought for sure I would be doomed to a B belly however I was quit pleased when ever I seen that wasn't the case. You can see my belly in my sig.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am your size, only taller, and with my first baby, I wondered the same thing! You will definitely show and look like any other normal pregnant mommy out there! Don't worry about the lumps and bumps...they fill in! I am pregnant with my second now and I am showing waaaaay faster than I did with my son. Congratulations and all the best!

• Options

Awesome!
    I am a 14/16 (busty etc) but I am 5'8".

I can tell you that, at 12 weeks, I feel like my lumps/bumps have been pushed forward and have rounded out a bit. I was told I would show early because I have had numerous abdominal surgeries so maybe things are moving outward a little faster than normal.

I feel like when people look at me they think "Is that fat or is that baby?" Oh well - just a few more weeks and I don't think that will be a question.

I do feel a hard belly pushing forward and that is exciting. I especially feel it when I run my hands forward from my sides just above my waist line (about 2 inches).

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love your wedge idea. Sign me up!
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

When I was pregnant with my son I was a size 12 and had a good size bump by 14 weeks.  I am a size 14 now... kept about 7-8lbs from austin. All I know is that last week my pants were ok and today my belt is Screaming for help... my belly got hard with my son and I'm waiting for this peanut to do the same thing... 

snapps for the girls who posted their pics... thanks for sharing :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm a size 18 pre-pregnancy and as you can see from my siggy pic, you should have no worries about looking pregnant vs looking "fat".

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I will join on the fluffy train.  I am about a size 16ish depending on where I buy it.  I have a fluffy belly but its slowly turning into a hard bloat.  I am already in maternity pants for comfort not necessity.  I dont care have big I am, I am flaunting my baby belly when it comes.  we worked hard for it. 
  • Options
    i'm a short fluffy girl, and feel like i am most certainly showing. I look KU rather than just chubby, which is nice, cuz i should have something to show for the twins hiding in there
  • Options
    Sorry No pics yet and I'm not a size 14 either. I'm 5'9 and I weighed 180 at my first appointment. I NEVER REALLY HAD A TUMMY! Just a Butt, and some big legs. I wear a size 9/10 but I feel like my stomach is huge now! It won't hide and it looks like Im fat rather than Preg! :-(
  • Options
    I too was around 1a 4/16 pre-pregnancy and only 5'3" and was concerned about the belly not becoming the "right" shape.  So far I am in my regular clothes (other than having to buy a new bra in the next size up).  Some of my pants are getting uncomfortable from the bloat, but there is definitely no baby in it yet for me.  I got a Bella band a couple weeks ago and will probably start wearing it in the next week or so because of the severe bloat since I can't stand tight things around the middle now.  I figure within the next couple of weeks I'll start to feel the hardness in my abdomen that everyone talks about but for now I just look like my fluffy self, lol.  What does help for me is wearing loose-fitting dresses to work and at home they are the most comfy since they don't but any pressure where I don't want it (or anywhere for that matter).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"