1st Trimester

What has your husband told you?

Re: What has your husband told you?

• One of the funniest things ever... After I told DH I was pregnant he seemed kinda nervous but excited. Later that night we were at my cousins house for dinner and he explained that he was nervous that my eggs were bad. I can kinda see what he ment, I have PCOD and I get my period about 4 or 5 times a year. Even though I am only about 4 weeks along (still have to go to the Dr for EDD) I haven't had my period since January. So he was concerned that I had bad eggs, thinking that they are formed and not realizing that you are born with them. It was pretty funny. I appriciated t
  • One of the funniest things ever... After I told DH I was pregnant he seemed kinda nervous but excited. Later that night we were at my cousins house for dinner and he explained that he was nervous that my eggs were bad. I can kinda see what he ment, I have PCOD and I get my period about 4 or 5 times a year. Even though I am only about 4 weeks along (still have to go to the Dr for EDD) I haven't had my period since January. So he was concerned that I had bad eggs, thinking that they are formed and not realizing that you are born with them. It was pretty funny. I appriciated the concern t
  • Loading the player...
  • sorry... I really only pushed post once.

• Mine has been having dreams about the baby. He described one dream in particular that involved me being an emotional mess because I couldnt find anything to wear. In the dream the only thing I could find was a big blue 80's prom dress. As he is telling me his dream I am in the closet on the verge of tears because I am unable to find anything to wear. He thought it was funny and laughed at me while I was throwing clothes at him.

All in all he has been pretty good. The first night that I was really sick he just kept saying "I feel so bad I did this to you" I said damn right you did. Its all your fault.

• Indifferent

DH would never say any of this to me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine checks my belly every now and then and says "you shouldn't be getting bigger just yet"  and keeps telling me what the acceptable weight gain should be month to month.  (he's an MD by the way).  I'm just like- oh shut up... because lately he seems to be the one craving all this weird food instead of me  LMAO  and I told him that he is NOT allowed to gain any sympathy weight. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WELL my DH clearly told me that if I'd stop thinking about having morning sickness it wouldn't happen and that its too soon to be having symptoms! Oh and THIS is the best...

When discussing the hospital where the birth will take place he said "What do you need all the for? Your just going to have the baby and go right home after!!!" and "What do you need a fancy birthing suite for? Isn't that a bit overboard? Whats wrong with just having it in a normal hospital??" SERIOUSLY should I just make a spot for myself on the kitchen floor or WHAT!!!! WOW I love him but WOW!!!!!!!!

• My fiance is fawning all over me all the time. He hasn't said anything too horrible.

He did ask the doctor today if he could "catch it when it comes out".

• "You can't stop going to the gym because I want our child to be an Olympic athlete"

Thanks hon, too bad all I want to do is SLEEP!!  :)

• haha My husband has ... for the most part ... been more worried about the baby/my health than I have.  The worst I've gotten is the other day ... I wasn't feeling well at all, so I hardly ate a thing all day ... and all I got was a, "You really need to eat. It's not good for you or the baby." Instead of a, "I'm really sorry you've been sick today. I hope you feel better tomorrow." So ... he means well, he just doesn't always present it well.

• imageFairy Tale Come True:

These were great laughs.

My husband is very dramatic. I have had morning sickness--actually nighttime sickness--since my 5th week and each time he has managed to be out of sight. Well, last night, I jumped up from the couch and hauled it to the bathroom. Hubby came in to act like he was helping, but all he did was stand outside of the door and fake throwing up---like me throwing up was making him "throw up."

Other than that, he has been very patient and helpful. He asked the doc some great questions, but keeps telling me I need to get off the couch and go work out like I used to. I'll get right on that honey.

haha This has got to be my favorite!

• I don't have one to add just yet, but these gave me a great laugh for a Monday afternoon.  Thanks ladies Big Smile
  • imagelittlemaybaby:

LOL - this post cracks me up.  I am journaling for myself and am actually keeping track of the STUPID things my DH has said since the BFP.  My two favorites:

1)  All newborms do is sleep all the time.  The first few weeks are gonna be easy.
    2)  You need to eat enough to make sure the baby is over 8 pounds.  Under 8 pounds is too small.

I love this man dearly, but I can't wait to see what comes out of his mouth next . . .

Tell him this isn't true.  I ate like a pig my second pregnancy and I had a 7lb 2oz baby.  With my first, I also ate a lot, and she was 6lbs 11oz 4 weeks early, so it would have worked if she had gone full-term (they projected her to be 8.5-9lbs if she went a full 40 weeks), but there's no guarantee!  I ate a lot both times.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband keeps askng what is for dinner.  I tell him whatever he can find or buy that I don't have to smell cooking and he asks me why.  I wish men could experience mroning sickness for just one day.  They'd die.

• Here are just a few doosies from this pregnancy and from my first that my braniac husband came out with (God, I love him!):

re: tiredness: "Seriously, you need to suck it up...I'm tired too, ya know"

re:morning sickness: "You have the ability to control it...just breathe and it will go away."

re: wanting a drug-free birth again: :"Yeah, I don't recommend that again! You don't get a badge at the end, so what's the point?!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAbinormal:

To my mother:

"Yeah, I'm not going to be in the room when Abbie has the baby. I really don't want to see that, there is no miracle in childbirth."

LOL! He will be in the delivery room! He helped the baby get in, he will be there when it comes out.

He'll think differently after seeing it.  My DH said it's so surreal watching it happen.  I WANT to see it happen, and I can't!

• Well, my hubby seems to think that because I'm pregnant, it means he gets to eat ice cream every night.  He'll offer it to be because as far as he knows, pregnant women like ice cream, but if I say no, he'll still scoop himself a bowl. He's going to have a belly to compete with mine if he keeps this up! 
    Other than that, no craziness coming out of his mouth.  He's been reading up and pretty much understands that the nausousness and exhaustion are normal.   
  • "I am trying to be nice to you because you are PG" ah shouldn't you try to be nice to me because I am your wife? He was trying to be sweet telling me that he is trying to be nice and help out more. I have not really noticed a difference.

• imagegetnmarried910:

My husband keeps askng what is for dinner.  I tell him whatever he can find or buy that I don't have to smell cooking and he asks me why.  I wish men could experience mroning sickness for just one day.  They'd die.

I disagree, I don't want DH to experience m/s becuase a head cold that last two days is bad enough if he were sick all the time like I am I am pretty sure his whining would kill me( or him).

• MH has been great. He bought a couple "father to be" books and is reading them constantly. Whenever I mention I am feeling something, he says "Oh yeah, the book said you might be having that right now. Here is what they say might help...."

Oh and he lets me get away with anything, "You're making me a baby."?

Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • When I was explaining the Bella Band, he wanted to know if he could get one because sometimes he doesn't feel like buttoning up his pants all the way! I died!
  • imagefuturebabymama:
    When I was explaining the Bella Band, he wanted to know if he could get one because sometimes he doesn't feel like buttoning up his pants all the way! I died!

OMG.....this has to be the funniest!!!!  Hahahaha!!!!

• These are all really funny!  My husband hasn't said anything crazy to me.  He seems to think going to the doctor will cure my m/s, back pains, stomach pains and tiredness.  Everytime I complain about something he says 'you need to call the doctor asap'!  We go to the doctor on Thursday.  Men are so funny!
  • So far, DH has been pretty decent... He's had a few moments. He read one of the expectant father books, and then preached to me about what I should and should not be eating. I know it's only because he cared, but when m/s hit, and I couldn't keep anything down, and his comment was "well, you're just going to have to force this stuff down; the baby needs it" I kind of wanted to karate chop him in the throat. His only really bad moment was yesterday, on which he ruined my day several times, and when I chose to not speak to him, his comment was "well, clearly the pregnancy hormones have kicked in" and then he texted his best friend, whose wife had a baby in Jan, and asked him when the "super b*tchiness" went away for his wife. It was almost the end of his life. I told him any more of that BS, and he could find someone else to carry this baby LOL
  • imageSizzline:
    So far, DH has been pretty decent... He's had a few moments. He read one of the expectant father books, and then preached to me about what I should and should not be eating. I know it's only because he cared, but when m/s hit, and I couldn't keep anything down, and his comment was "well, you're just going to have to force this stuff down; the baby needs it" I kind of wanted to karate chop him in the throat. His only really bad moment was yesterday, on which he ruined my day several times, and when I chose to not speak to him, his comment was "well, clearly the pregnancy hormones have kicked in" and then he texted his best friend, whose wife had a baby in Jan, and asked him when the "super b*tchiness" went away for his wife. It was almost the end of his life. I told him any more of that BS, and he could find someone else to carry this baby LOL

This is too funny! My DH just doesn't know how to handle my crying spells. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My DH actually told me to "Go be pregnant" the other night when I was trying to help him clean up the kitchen.  He normally doesn't do anything in the kitchen, well that night he was cooking supper and cleaning up the dirty dishes and I felt bad that he was doing it all.  I kept asking him if I could help and that when he said that.  I thought it was kinda funny, but I did take advantage and went and laid on the couch.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What a fun post! :)

DH has been great so far- he makes me "mommy tea" every night, which is just the maternity tea we found at Babies R Us... He actually ASKS me to lay down and relax so he can do the chores (yikes, but generous offer!)...

Let's see, what has he said...
    "Holy cow they're even bigger now!" [the girls]

"I'm not changing diapers, that's disgusting." We'll see about that one honey...

"That's some messed up sh*t!" - When I was telling him how, in 3rd Tri, you can see baby's foot or elbow or something moving across your belly.

Other than that, same sweet DH...   :)

• mine is getting on my nerves, whenever I get out of bed in the middle of the night to get some water because im hot, he is always like baby what are u doing, why are u sitting in there like he has to know my every move while im pregnant. my response is leave me alone the baby is fine go to sleep.
  • Im thankful my DH has been such an angel! SO far this is what he does or says thats funny. All this is after i nipped in the butt his remark that "It's all in your head" (yeah right!)

1. He wont let me clean the house because he doesnt want any chemicals to harm the baby. So funny!
    2. He get in his car after cooking a nice dinner to pick me up something else when the food he's cooked no longer sounds good to me.
    3. When im about to get in the shower he tells me "Hunny, you're pooch is sexy, i wanna rub it"
    4. He tells me "i know you're not feeling sex, so i'll leave you alone and wont mention it, but if you get the slightest urge, let me know and I promise it'll be worth it" hahahah! He says this every week! lol!
    5. When im out to eat and order a meal with a side of something, he says "Ahhh, Thats the baby talking." I always say yes! good job! you're learning! hahahaha

Ahhhh. DH's! you gotta love them! They seriosuly make me laugh!

• imageSuperTreesa:

MH has been great. He bought a couple "father to be" books and is reading them constantly. Whenever I mention I am feeling something, he says "Oh yeah, the book said you might be having that right now. Here is what they say might help...."

Oh and he lets me get away with anything, "You're making me a baby." 

Ha! i love it!!!! What a perfect DH?!!! So cute!

• My fiance keeps telling me that I ned to feed his baby, despite me being so nauseas that the dr. put me on medicine. And that the day of delivery he wont be by my bed side so I do not hurt his hand.  

Umm excuse me you helped make the baby too, so I think that he could deal with some pain too.

• I said something last weekend that apparently wasn't that intelligent...  To this my husband said "you have 2 brains inside of you right now, you should be twice as smart!" 

MEN!!!  Stick out tongue

• I just constantly get nagged for not eating enough at night. He doesn't understand that morning sickness isn't always morning sickness. I feel the worst at night and I can only nibble. "You had better be feeding that kid enough."
  • Yesterday he was looking at me and asked have you been eating a lot?

I replied not really, I just eat smaller portions more often.

He says you know you don't need to gain anything thats not baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Mine too! I was just thinking I am so lucky...
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LoL! I can see my husband doing that one too. So funny!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • imageC12H22O11:

And he laughed at me yesterday when I went to bed at 8P.

I think his philosphy is "You still look the same, so you should act the same". 

Exactly this! I may not be hurled over the toilet throwing my guts up, but I am tired allllllll the time. Just because I can walk around and eat doesn't mean I feel magical.

• Mine told me he was tired of me crying all the time, I told him I was tired of him being an ...hole.
  • nealblnealbl member
    My DH would never even begin to say something like this to me. He has been my savior and takes care of me. He can be pretty funny when we register. He said we didn't need an infant car seat beacuse the other one reclines back all the way. I said he was right but I want the infant car seat because it is easy to take out of car and carry baby in. Plus it fits on our stroller. He says we will just balance the other one on the stroller. I said OMG and just hope it doesn't fall off...... MEN
  • Salex19Salex19 member
    We're not even pregnant yet, but already he told me he doesn't think he'll need to wake up in the middle of the night when the baby cries (because of course the baby just needs to eat!)  Haha
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"