2nd Trimester

Frustrated....

So I had my second US last week and the when we asked the tech to confirm how old the baby was she said that it measured 13 wk 2 days. We thought we were at 12 wk 1d...not a huge diff but none the less. So we had our dr's apt to review results and I told him what the tech said to us and he said to ignore that ....he thinks we should go with the US results we got at 5 weeks which date me at 12 wk 1d . Now who do I go with ....I know dates will change...before someone gets alllll twisted and grouchy ..... im just simply frustrated that I get one answer from one person and a diff one from another. At least baby was healthy :)

Re: Frustrated....

• Same thing happened to us. The doc was very upset that the tech tried to redate us. Find middle ground.
  • My OB had a different date at my second u/s and decided to go w/ the first one. This made me paranoid because the second date he got didn't make sense. The baby shouldn't have been that young.
    I asked him about this yesterday at my 12 wk as the paranoia had not abated. He said the dates can be off a week in either direction, it just depends. One mm can make a big difference at that size. Go w/ what you OB said as one might not be any more accurate than the other.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had my second U/S yet, but at the first one the lady told me to stick with the date from the first, because the earlier are a little better.  She said that just like when they are born, babies inside grow at different rates to make it look like you're further.  Just saying what I was told, not sure how much is true or if she was trying to head off future confusion...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, if you consistently measure over, as I have been for over two months now, sometimes they will bump up your due date a little. They just want to make sure that what they are seeing isn't just a growth spurt, etc.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • meg1974meg1974 member
    The same thing happened to me, and I went with what the doc said. He said early u/s's are more accurate, and that if we keep getting u/s's the date will keep changing all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the same conversation with my OB on Wednesday.  Someone tried to push my due date back two weeks when there is no reason (my 8 week ultrasound was only 2 DAYS off!).  He said that its easier to base due dates off of the first ultrasound then subsequent ones.  In any event in my case he was happy I brought it up since I was right and I'm having a scheduled section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"