D.C. Area Babies

Where can you get reviews on daycares? (Interested in Nanda Childcare in Montgomery County)

I found this place called Nanda Childcare in Montgomery County that is within our price range and near our house. However, I would like to get reviews on it before visiting. I searched the DCUM forums for information and could not find anything. I also did a post on DCUM but I have not received any comments.

What other places do you look to get daycare reviews? Are there other message boards that I should look at? Also, is there a Better Business Bureau sort of organization for day cares? Any info on how you gathered intelligence on your daycare would be appreciated...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Where can you get reviews on daycares? (Interested in Nanda Childcare in Montgomery County)

• Have you looked for inspection records through Maryland State Department of Social Services? They should have the records that document any violations/complaints per state inspection of the center. In VA that is done a few times a year and all records are on line.

That could be a good place to start, before you even ask around. If there is a validated complaint about something that is a deal-breaker for you, you would be able to move on before putting too much energy into the place. I've found our VA Soc. Services website SO helpful!

snowbaby-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I did find the state department's website that contains the records. Thanks for the tip!

https://msdecompliancereports.org/msdesearch.asp

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Looking at the records kept by the state is your best bet.  Unfortunately I've never found a catch-all website where parents rate their daycare.  I can only assume that there may be legal issues with that.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Hi! I know this feed is 5 years old but I am actually in the exact some situation.  Looking at Nanda at Traville and for possible other daycare centers in this area.  I was just wondering where you ending up going? Or if you found out anything else about Nanda. Thank you! Sarah
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"