Baby Names
Options

Double names for girls

I haven't gotten my BFP yet, but DH and I are talking about names.  We have a boy name.  If it's a girl we really want to have a double name for her like Mary Jane (but not so traditional).  He has fallen in love with the name Lily Kate which I'm not too thrilled about.  I suggested Katie Paige but he didn't like it.  Any suggestions for double names for girls?  Seems like the ones that sound the best have two syllable first names and one syllable second names, but I'm open to suggestions. :)

Re: Double names for girls

• Options
    I like Emma Kate and Emma Claire
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sarah Jane, Katie Jo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    My favorite is Anne Marie. DH's aunt is Mary Ellen.?
  • Options
    I like Katy Jo

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

My niece is Rachel Clare. It wasn't intended as a double name, but that's what it's become. She was supposed to be Katy Clare, which I think is even cuter as a double name.

I have cousins named Suzy Jo, Jenny Lee, Chrissy 'Ree (Marie), and Tara Lee. And my mom and sister were supposed to be double-named (or would that be quadruple since they're twins?) Susie Ann and Sandy Lee, but they just ended up Susie and Sandy.

• Options
    I have a friend that has an Elizabeth Grace.
  • Options

Some girls that I have taught:

- Emma Kate (2 of them)

- Anna Claire

- Delaney Jane

- Ann Marie

- Ann Scott

- Ani Grace

- Mary Michael

- Eason Elizabeth

- Mary Stone?

?

Double names are SO popular around here. A lot of them are a traditional name like Elizabeth, Mary, Anne/Ann, paired with their mom's maiden name or an eccentric name (Like the Eason Elizabeth).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Mary Claire

Anne Sophie 

Emily Elizabeth

Laura Marie  

• Options

I like:

Anna Catherine
    Anna Kate
    Mary Claire
    Mary Grace
    Madison Brooke

• Options

at the time i didn't think of using a double name for my daughter but i wish is did, her first and middle name are Eva Rose, which I really would have liked to hear as a doulbe name.

i also like

Molly Alaina

Mary Grace 

and i have a cousin Emma Reese

• Options
    I had a little girl at camp one year whose name was Emma Leigha which I thought was pretty
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Anne Marie

Anne Louise

Mary Grace

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

Emily Jane

• Options
    I like Lila Jane.
  • Options
    My favorite is Anne Marie too. I also like Mary Anne.
  • Options
    My name is Erin Leigh
  • Options
    I know girls named Barbabra Lynne, Sarah Jo, and Betty Ann.
  • Options

I love the idea, but I hate the ones that sound so 1950s - Betty Sue, Mary Anne,, Anne Marie, etc.

I love names like Lila Jane, or Lily Kate or similar.

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Options
    Georgia Rose, Mary Louise.
  • Options
    my sister is mary clare (named after a family friend who is a nun) but she hates it and only goes by mary. i don't really like double names that are separate. i like rosemary.
  • Options
    I have a friend named Mary Liz (legally Mary Elizabeth).  It suits her.
  • Options
    imagecaro77:

Emily Jane

Thats my Mom's name  :  )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I know a Kerry Lynn, a Kerri Ann and a Keri Beth...I like them all.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We do double names in this area... A LOT!

I'm Tara Jo. That's what I go by. My sisters are Tori Jae and Tessa Jane. My dad is Johnny Joe. My aunts are Shelly Dawn and Keri Dawn. It's just something we do. My kids will have double names.

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

• Options

If you decide to do one of the ones you suggested, please keep in mind that your daughter will one day be in the business world and give her full names rather than nicknames!  You can name her Lillian Katherine and call her Lily Kate (or even Lily Katherine is better).  Katie Paige can be Katherine Paige.  It gives her more options when she's older.  No adult wants Katie as a full first name.

Double names are very common in my family (and in the South in general).  In my family we have:

Mary Katherine
    Mary Caroline
    Margaret Elizabeth (goes by M.E.)
    Ruth Anna
    Mary Jane (goes by MJ)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    I know dozens of double-named girls (I'm from TN.  It's what we do).

-Mary or Anna plus mom's maiden name (or other surname from your family) is hugely popular in my circle and can end up really cute, depending on what your maiden name was.  Some examples from my friends: Anna Williams, Mary Deaton (usually called Mary Dea), Anna Lee (I've seen it as one name, too, but this girl was named after her dad's mother's maiden name), Mary Patton, Mary Campbell.

-I know several each of Mary Beth and Katie Beth (Mary and Katherine Elizabeth, legally) and one Mary Chris (mn is actually Christina).

-Mary Margaret, Rita Claire, Robbie Sue, Donna Kim, and Anna Claire are all family names for us.

-Some friends/acquaintances who don't fit into the above categories: Becca Jane, Beth Anne, Mary Ellen, Mary Claire, Llew Anne, Stella Ruth, Emma Claire, Emma Grace, Grace Anne, Carol Ann, Eva Joy, Anna Ruth.

Like I said, I know lots and lots of girls with double names.  The ones I listed range in age from babies to 70-year-olds, but most of them are 20s-30s.
  • Options

Some I've heard:

Lucy Ann

Taylor Beth 

Katie Belle 

Ruth Ann 

Sarah Jane 

Blank!
  • Options

Jean Ann

Cindy Jo

Jamie Lynn

Brooke Lynn

Lisa Marie

Mary Ann

Anna Marie

• Options
    I don't have any great suggestions but I love the idea. I love my mn and wish I was called Amy Felice, the whole thing. It would not have been so fun as a younger child I guess when everyone was Jenny or Debbie or Lisa, but as an adult it would be great! I also always loved Sarah Jessica Parker for using her whole name. Her whole family has double names.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"