Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Has anyone taken a nursing "holiday"? So tired.

I read somewhere you could do this at a certain age.  Just wondering how you would without interrupting your milk production?  Pumping?

Lately LO has been running me ragged.  Mostly at night.  She is up from 3 to 6, and before then doesn't sleep longer than an hour.  SHe nurses for 5 mins at a time, then gets all agitated and starts pulling at my breast, fussing, bobbing her head.  Then she'll scream.  Last night I got no sleep again.  I would like to get her on somewhat of a schedule.  I can't do this much longer.

she is six weeks old.  I know it could be a growth spurt, but she was doing this last week too.

Re: Has anyone taken a nursing "holiday"? So tired.

• I wouldn't.  Honestly after the sixth week it got a milliondy times easier.  I'd push through it.  It will get better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• How would you even do this? Feed from your BM stash? Formula feed? If, you aren't nursing and don't pump, your supply would dry up. I would rather nurse than pump.

If you need a break, why don't you have your H do the night feeding w/ BM?

• Loading the player...
  • A nursing holiday isn't what you think...it's when you do nothing BUT nurse.  I've done it over spring break.  It really helped!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imageJessimurph:
    I wouldn't.  Honestly after the sixth week it got a milliondy times easier.  I'd push through it.  It will get better.

Thanks, but I think it's getting harder, not easier.

• i was on a forced "holiday" after taking an imaging exam where i had to pump & dump for 24 hours.  i had a freezer stash, DH fed, and i pumped when DS ate - he was 3 months, and already used to a bottle. from the way you're describing your LO's feeding habits, it maybe be worth it to take a break and deal with only the "plastic babies" who never push you away or fuss.  it may not solve the issues, but you can return to them with a little sleep behind you. 
  • Pump a bottle for nights and have your dh take part of the night shift with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"