1st Trimester
Options

Who will be in the delivery room w/ you?

2»

Re: Who will be in the delivery room w/ you?

• Options

Just DH and I. Though there are some people I would love to have in the room with us this was the safest choice to avoid hurting other people's feelings. I haven't told my mom yet, but she hasn't asked. I know she will be upset but she told everyone we were pregnant before we could and I just need to make sure she knows her place.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    With my 1st pregnancy, with my son, EVERYONE was there. My mom, sis, BF, brother & sister-in-law. During the delivery, it was my DH, Mom, Sis & BF. I really wouldn't change that...there was meconium in the amniotic sac so the dr.'s feared a meconium aspiration. So they prepped us ahead of time that he would not be allowed to cry until they had aspirated the fluid from his lungs. Talk about the scariest 3-5 minutes of my life...if I had not had the support of all of these people...I would have been crazy. They all did a great job as my labor and delivery support team. With the second and third labor and delivery, dh, my friend that I had the babies for and her DH and a very close family friend. This pregnancy, I'm charging admission...lol!!! I know it will be DH and I...I am also hoping my mom and my sister will be there again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my 1st pregnancy, with my son, EVERYONE was there. My mom, sis, BF, brother & sister-in-law. During the delivery, it was my DH, Mom, Sis & BF. I really wouldn't change that...there was meconium in the amniotic sac so the dr.'s feared a meconium aspiration. So they prepped us ahead of time that he would not be allowed to cry until they had aspirated the fluid from his lungs. Talk about the scariest 3-5 minutes of my life...if I had not had the support of all of these people...I would have been crazy. They all did a great job as my labor and delivery support team. With the second and third labor and delivery, dh, my friend that I had the babies for and her DH and a very close family friend. This delivery, I'm charging admission...lol!!! I know it will be DH and I...I am also hoping my mom and my sister will be there again.
  • Options
    Wow, does anyone else feel like they would like to be on their own with just the medical staff?  Never gone through this before, but I have always felt very strongly about it.  That being said, the only person I could ever be convinced to have in there would be DH, but I really am not sure if that is a wise idea for our relationship . . . I am a very private person when it comes to pain and suffering ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my dh and my mother. I know I will need her cause my dh isn't good under painful situations. Also if my best friend can make it from rochester before the babies born she will be in there. I however only want our immediate family to come to the hospital because my dh family is huge and i dont want them all there even after the baby is born

M/C found 2/27/13-- D & C 3/6/13

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My DH releases his emotions only in front of me.  He felt like if anyone else was there he wouldn't be able to cry the tears of joy that he really wants to.  He's so cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm planning on DH and my mom.  I don't know about MIL yet.  (Luckily, I get along with her)

I haven't read all the comments on this post but you can always tell your mom that you have to check with the doctor, there might be a limit on the number of people in the room.  

• Options

For us I think it will be just DH and staff! He keeps saying he doesn't want to be near me because he's nervous, but he'll be by my side! For my first daughter, I cannot count the number of people in the room and that still creeps me out! LOL

• Options
    DH and I only.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just DH and I.

I don't want anyone else in there that doesn't need to be.

Family and friends can wait to see the baby and me until I'm back in my room.

• Options
    Since I am having a c-section, it will only be DH.  I would love to have my mother and possibly my sister but it's just not possible.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"