D.C. Area Babies
Options

Car seat installation in VA?

Do the fire stations do it? I've looked on the Fairfax County website and I can't find any info. Any ideas?

Re: Car seat installation in VA?

• Options

I think that, in most of the jurisdictions around here, you can have your car seat checked (and adjusted if necessary), but you will have to do the initial installation yourself.  Here's info. on how to schedule a car seat inspection through the Fairfax County Sherriff's office:

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/sheriff/news/safetyseat.htm

You can also go through Alexandria CARES:

https://www.alexandriacares.org/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had car seat installed several times (changed cars and also in my parents' car) at Fire station in Ashburn, I'm pretty sure all Loudoun ones do it, it's free and they do everything; here's their ph # 703729.0006
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we did ours, it was at the Fairfax County police station in McLean - they do it the first 2 Saturdays of each month.  We called the fire station and they referred us to the police dept.  We installed it and then went to get it inspected and the officer took it out and started from scratch - not because we did a bad job, but because he liked to do it that way.  The second time, we went without installing it (why do it if they are going to un-do it), and the officer grumbled that we were supposed to bring it in installed already.  We just couldn't win. 
  • Options
    Sully Police Station in Chantilly does inspections weekly, I believe on Thursdays, from 5-8 PM.  There is usually a line so it helps to get there a few minutes before 5.  We've done both - brought carseats already installed (they took out and started over), and brought carseats that we just took out of the box and they happily put those in.  They are very nice and helpful there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. After much run around I finally spoke with someone at the Mt. Vernon station. They only do it once a month so I'll be taking mine on Wed. The guy told me not to install it, but the hotlilne said I should attempt. Go figure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"