2nd Trimester

3 out of 5 old ladies agree...

That Malakai/Malachi is a girls name.

According to my MIL that is.  

I translate that into - 3 out of 5 ladies have never read their Bible.

GRR... She needs to let it go. 

Rylee - 3.28.08
Malakai - 8.3.09
Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD

Re: 3 out of 5 old ladies agree...

• I have never, ever heard the name Malachi used as a girl's name. 
  • Whaaat! Your MIL sounds quite wacky. Sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLove Sugar Sweet Minxy:
    I have never, ever heard the name Malachi used as a girl's name. 

Me either....

She's still harping on this?

• Lol I'm pretty sure we were talking about Malakai just a few weeks ago in CHURCH!

I like it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL I would never think of that as a girl's name!
  • umm, that name belongs on someone who has a penis.

That's all I'm saying...?

• imageMrsPreK:

imageLove Sugar Sweet Minxy:
    I have never, ever heard the name Malachi used as a girl's name. 

Me either....

She's still harping on this?

Oh yes... she sure is.  Thinks a good name is Kyle (not our style at all)... ONLY because she considered naming DH that... 

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • Dont feel bad, my mom keeps giving me examples of Tristen being used as a boy's name.  And giving me her co-workers opinions on our name choice.
    My "Irish twins" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

pPROM at 27 weeks, Birdy born at 28 weeks at 2lb 7oz.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Tell her to pick up the Bible..
  • This is exactly why no one is knowing the name until DS is born. That, and we haven't come up with a name yet haha. We just don't want to hear unwanted opinions, but then again this leads to a LOT of name suggestions that we're just no into. Oh well.
  • Wow, never heard it as a girls name....I'd tell her to get over it!

fwiw, I really like the name....just cant get MH behind it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The only Malachi I have ever known in my life is a girl. The name totally fit her. However, I think it is not common enough that it could be used for either. Isn't there a character in Children of the Corn with the name Malachi?

• I asked my H, because he is pretty clueless on most things and would be an unbiased sounding board. He said, "Um... it's a boy name. It's in the Bible. Don't you know who Malachi is???" and gave me a weird look for even asking. 

So, there you go. It's a boy name. 

• imageefortune:
    Dont feel bad, my mom keeps giving me examples of Tristen being used as a boy's name.  And giving me her co-workers opinions on our name choice.

I have a boy cousin named Tristin, but it's certainly not everyone's style.  Their other children are named Devon, Austin, and Mackenzie.

• imageefortune:
    Dont feel bad, my mom keeps giving me examples of Tristen being used as a boy's name.  And giving me her co-workers opinions on our name choice.

Tristen is a fairly unisex name though (nothing wrong with that, we are using one as well)... Malachi is very much a boy's name! 

• That is crazy!!!

Although I must say, if this girl was a boy we were going to use Micah James and the first friend that I told said, "Micah is a girl's name".

This friend hadn't read the bible in her entire life or been to church since her first communion so I let it go, but she proceeded to tell all of our other GF's that I was going to name my next DS a girl's name.

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• ive only ever heard of Malakai being used as a boys name, personally i like it. i guess if your MIL keeps harping about it you could compromise with the middle name. fwiw isay its your baby, name him what you want. once hes here no one will care what hes named they'll be to busy wanting to hold him and what-not. good luck!
  • imagemelissa1321:
    ive only ever heard of Malakai being used as a boys name, personally i like it. i guess if your MIL keeps harping about it you could compromise with the middle name. fwiw isay its your baby, name him what you want. once hes here no one will care what hes named they'll be to busy wanting to hold him and what-not. good luck!

Are you kidding me?  She can harp on us until the cows come home, we will not budge.  She had her chance to name her kids, no way in hell does she have any say in naming mine. 

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • Ridiculous.  According to baby name voyager, which tells you the popularity of names for the last hundred years or so (https://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager), Malakai as a girls name is a SUPER recent trend. As in, that's so 2007!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"