3rd Trimester

Okay I know everyone says "you'll know"

but how do you know that you're really in labor if your water doesn't break? Just by timing the contractions?

Re: Okay I know everyone says "you'll know"

• I think so. And the fact that they should get more and more intense. Fun stuff.
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • See, Im a hypochondriac and I think everything is always happening. So, Ive been wondering this myself. I guess.."Ill know" the L&D nurses real well when it gets to that point. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Timing and intensity of the contractions. 

...or so I've heard.  I'm wholly convinced I will not get to experience it at this point lol.

IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJason'swife:
    I think so. And the fact that they should get more and more intense. Fun stuff.

?

This, I think! At least that's what I've been told!?

• Haha, yeah, I'm not a hypochondriac at all so I am freaked that I'll delay until I have a (not by choice) home birth!

• THANK YOU!

I was whispering about this to DH all day at our childbirth prep class. I'm pretty in-tune with my body, but I've never done this before! How am I supposed to know?!

I'm more of the hindsight person, you know, "oooo, now that I think about it, I guess it does make sense that I was feeling that way bc I was pregnant!"?

I'm still not 100% positive when I'm having a BH. So unless my water breaks everywhere, or my mucus plug is something seriously noteworthy, I'm pretty sure I'll be uncomfortable at home until the baby's head starts crowning... maybe then I'll get it :)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our birth class wait until contractions last a full minute for 30 mins. 
  • When I was pregnant with DD#1, I sounded just like you girls.  It made me SO mad when people said "oh, you'll just know..."  I was convinced that I would have contractions that I didn't even know I was having or that I would go into labor without even knowing.  Well, let me tell you...YOU WILL KNOW!!!  A REAL contraction feels like nothing you have ever felt before.  It doesn't even feel close to a BH.  It's a weird feeling...you can feel it coming, it gets unbelievably intese, and you can feel it fading away.  This happens repeatedly, and you will will know!
  • imagesweetheartface:
    When I was pregnant with DD#1, I sounded just like you girls.  It made me SO mad when people said "oh, you'll just know..."  I was convinced that I would have contractions that I didn't even know I was having or that I would go into labor without even knowing.  Well, let me tell you...YOU WILL KNOW!!!  A REAL contraction feels like nothing you have ever felt before.  It doesn't even feel close to a BH.  It's a weird feeling...you can feel it coming, it gets unbelievably intese, and you can feel it fading away.  This happens repeatedly, and you will will know!

DITTO! My water never broke...I never even lost any of my mucous plug, but I knew! LOL...woken up at 1:00 am by contractions that keep getting more intense and closer together...you will know.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ok so I am like you and I wouldn't know a contraction if it kicked me in my ass. How do you know if it's not just fals labor? Then I got the MIL from hell that thinks she knows everything because she has had 8 kids. She has informed me that we are not going to the hospital untill the plug comes or the water breaks. Did I mention that I have a high risk pregnancy? If anything happens to my son because of her I might be in jail.

Sorry about the RANT had to get it out!

• imagebabycarder1:

ok so I am like you and I wouldn't know a contraction if it kicked me in my ass. How do you know if it's not just fals labor? Then I got the MIL from hell that thinks she knows everything because she has had 8 kids. She has informed me that we are not going to the hospital untill the plug comes or the water breaks. Did I mention that I have a high risk pregnancy? If anything happens to my son because of her I might be in jail.

Sorry about the RANT had to get it out!

Why consult her when you think you are in labor?  Call your Dr!  Your MIL doesn't have to know until you are admitted...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"