Babies: 0 - 3 Months

is your 3 month old on a schedule?

or do you just follow their schedule by reading their cues??

i mean we kind of have a routine going, but we're very flexible. i just interviewed a sitter who seemed shocked he didn't have a schedule and was making it sound like i really should at this point. i also realize it may be a easier to live like this because i'm still at home everyday...

Re: is your 3 month old on a schedule?

• we aren't even close. ?and i work, with 2 different sitters (grandma's). ?my mom has baby on a schedule, my mother-in-law doesn't. ?but he's on no schedule when he's with me.
  • she is in daycare but nope. she changes every day. still waiting. i tried and it went out the window with daycare
  • Loading the player...
  • I think 3 months is too young to be on a rigid schedule.  I follow DS's cues as to when he's tired and hungry.  I figure when he's closer to 4 months things will be figured out a little more, but for now we just go with the flow.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Parts of our day are very routine but not because I've tried to make a schedule. It just evolved that way for us. She was surprised? I don't know that many 3 mo olds that have a real schedule.
  • The only schedule we had was she ate every two hours during the day (she would eat about 6-7 bottles a day)and she slept from 9-10pm until 7-8am.

?

I think she is going through her growth spurt though b/c the last two days she has eaten a ton every 3-4 hours( 4 bottles a day) and slept from about 9pm until 8-9am...Crazy!?

?

?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're still a little shy of 3 months, but no where close to a schedule. DS goes to bed at 7:00 every night, wakes up between 7 and 8, but then every day is different. He used to only be awake for an hour at a time. Now it's closer to 1.5 hours, but naps are anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours, sometimes with a LONG afternoon nap. Schedule-schmedule...
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • not really--we follow his lead. he eats every 2-3 hours--or when he wants it which is then, we put him down at night btwn 7 and 8 and then we get up at 7 ish--waking up at night still of course. but during the day--nope, we eat, play, sleep etc. I would not like a sitter who wants my baby on a schedule at 3 mos. imo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it's good to know i'm not the only one. i'm not one for strict schedules anyways and thought this might be affecting DS. i'm very go with the flow and i'd want a sitter who can handle that as well.
  • Heck No. I'm really just trying to meet his needs. He eats and sleeps when his cues show me to give him that. I feel bad sometimes.. I can't get a set bedtime for the life of me but at least I know that he's generally happy.
  • Schedule?  No. Routine?  Yes.  She's still too crazy with her eating for us to create a real schedule.
  • Only a few things, and that is more from what she had as a routine more than anything. ?She almost always goes to sleep between 9-9:30 and I wake her up around 6:30 to get ready for daycare. ?The rest is on demand! ?I never know what I am going to see on her daycare report.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"