Baby Names
Options

WDYT of Clementine Grace?

I'm not much on nicknames...but Emmy is an option.  Both are family names.

Re: WDYT of Clementine Grace?

• Options
    Clementine is NMS. At all. I love Grace though.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a little divided.  I think it's cute, but there's a strong voice in my head saying "is her sister named Mandarin Orange?"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekellyfromcali:

I totally agree.

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options

I don't like Clementine...it makes me think of two things:

a. Clementine as in the fruit

b. Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Clementine...you are lost and gone forever dreadful sorry Clementine.

• Options
    imagesophie080208:

b. Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Clementine...you are lost and gone forever dreadful sorry Clementine.

?

YES!?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

Not a fan of clementine.  Why not just name her Emmy or Emma?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesophie080208:

Ditto!

• Options

I actually don't think Clementine is bad, it's just that the song pops into my head immediately. I think the kid would get jokes about the song her entire life.

Blank!
  • Options
    imagesophie080208:

exactly

• Options
    I dont like Clementine at all, but Grace is pretty.
  • Options
    I'll be the lone dissenter - I really like Clementine.  I think it's a pretty, old fashioned name. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRose.9.6.03:
    I'll be the lone dissenter - I really like Clementine.  I think it's a pretty, old fashioned name. 

I totally agree.

I think Jude Law just had a daughter and named her Clementine, I love it

• Options
    I really like the name Clementine.  It was Kate Winslet's name in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    I think Clementine is cute! I wouldn't name my daughter that, but it's definitely cute. Clementine Grace sounds really nice.?
  • Options
    I think Clementine is pretty, I think Grace is over done as a middle name though.
  • Options

What about Grace Clementine?

Oy with the poodles already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

This is my absolute favorite, be-all-end-all baby name. I have been waiting for someone to mention it on this board (and also kind of dreading it since I'm scared of it becoming popular/trendy - although given the "Ew OMG i hate it!" responses this post has gotten, I don't think there's much danger of that).

It's a gorgeous name. I don't like the nn Emmy only because I think Emma/Emily/Em-names are played out. I also hate the name Grace because it sounds filler-ish and weak to me (and is, again, played out). But I positively ADORE Clementine. And DH likes it too. Now we just need a baby girl to name... oh and some really thick skin for when all of our family members meet her and make faces at her name. Ha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love the name Clementine! Everyone knows it (obviously!) but it's not at all popular... and it's totally the kind of name I picture being perfectly adorable on a little girl, despite everyone's associations with it.

I'm kind of over Grace as a filler middle name, though. It's pretty enough, it's just everywhere.

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garrett
    image7_0002 A ~ 2.7.06 S ~ 9.2.07
  • Options
    imagesophie080208:

Agreed! Can you still use Emmy, Emme, or Emma as a way to honor the family name?

• Options
    Love the name Grace
  • Options
    I love Clementine! It was actually on our girl list when I found out I was pg again. I don't however, like "Clemmie" which is an inevitable nn. Grace is way overused these days but if it's a family name I would use it if you love it! I think overall the whole name is pretty cute....good job!

• Options
    I'm going to dissent from the norm as well--I love the name Clementine!  I think it's really cute.  I do think she'll be hounded by the song her whole life, but if you have to get mocked for your name, a song calling you "darling Clementine" isn't so bad IMO.
  • Options
    imageJason'swife:

imagekellyfromcali:

I totally agree.

Ditto. ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had a soft spot for this name ever since seeing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I love how he called her Clem. So cute!
  • Options
    I like Clementine and I think the combo with Grace is really pretty!  It actually reminds me of the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," that's when I first heard it and immediately liked it.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Angel Baby: 5/29/08

• Options
    I looooove the name Clementine! My husband likes it too. BUT, so many of my family and friends think it's ridiculous. I would probably use it as a middle name.
  • Options
    Clementine is definitely NMS, I like Grace though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"